CS bicycles and cyclist thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
AIR ZOUND FTW!!!

haha later give cyclists a bad name for abusing it.

Ooooh Pengarang.... How safe is the place? I wish to cycle there with a friend/s and my parents were against it as they were worried about robberies and stuff. I'm quite stubborn so I'm kinda contemplating stealing my passport back from them so that I can go cycling there.

I use to use one till it broke I am still trying to find a replacement. It sound like a truck is coming everytime I blast the horn you see people jump to the side to the ground. Well you want to be stupid I will treat you as stupid. Govt give youa walking path and a bike path and you STILL choose to walk on the bike path and not only that...they spread out and cover the entire track and not give way and if they do, they do this at their own time. That is why if I don't scold at least 20 difference people each time I ride in East Coast..that is my lucky day. How hard is it to just keep to your own lane.

Pengarang is nice for riding and you should be in a group of about say 10 and bring spares and stuff like that. It is not the best place to be there and a bike part fails. Trust me I know have see that happen to others we meet there and we end up playing good samaritans. Lucky it is us...if it was some local rowdies... good luck. I would not say it is typically a dangerous place to be but as I always say...never leave your BRAIN at home. If a place there seem dangerous...don't think...just move off. Make sure to have someone going who knows how to work the bikes, also good to go with people who have gone before and know the lay of the land. You can get lost if you are not careful.

last time young before ns, still can cycle long distance now old liao...batok to kallang in 4 hrs, to and back.
now cut short to orchard liao...

Last edited:
Just got myself a Saris Bones 3 rack - $230

If you all want in, the price might go down a little more.

30-0326-NCL-ANGLE.jpg

So anyone going to the upcoming OCBC Bike ride....should be fun. The community ride is not too long at about 20km and it will allow you to see parts of Singapore and ride on roads you normally would not get to heh...only downer is...you have to pay to join heh..

http://www.ocbc.cyclesingapore.com.sg/active/rego_index.html

And as you can see, they remind everyone that the AEROBAR is not allowed. As they can testify to you how limited it's use it when use in roads where you have alot of people near you or have a lot of turns.

Bike Asia would also be a good place to go learn more about bikes and the sums of it's parts. What it does and why this bit is better then this other bit...not. Just something to get you guys and gal motivated to take up this healthy sport.

Last edited:
wooo I'm goin to bike asia!
Maybe got bike can purchase... or do price comparisons.
Ocbc bike thingy not going man... so many people, and the price is horrific. imagining cycling in such a crowded space. Damn haphazard man. No time to really check out the scenery cause you'll be busy trying to avoid people.

wooo I'm goin to bike asia!
Maybe got bike can purchase... or do price comparisons.
Ocbc bike thingy not going man... so many people, and the price is horrific. imagining cycling in such a crowded space. Damn haphazard man. No time to really check out the scenery cause you'll be busy trying to avoid people.

I doubt there would be many actually... I find the pricing abit steep. IN these day and age and also I thought initially this was like a promote biking thingy but the way they are charging and organizing it...it have a more commercial bent to it. But hey...it's a bank! hehehe... There would be some delightful stuff happening but I just wish it was cheaper so more people can join. Well there is always those other free for all Cycle Weekend ones that some PA or govt body would host every once in a while each year.

The Bike Asia might be fun and it can be free....go to the Nikon discussion page, there is talk of a sponsored things to go down for free for those who own Nikon cameras heheh.. So there still might be chance of a good time to be had, try out new camera stuff, see some great bikes and bicycle, takes some shots and get you motivated to start cycling about.

Wow, didn't know there are so many cyclists here. Looking to upgrade my ride. Can anyone recommend me decent XC platform pedals?

Not very deep...something cheap and useable will do.

Not very deep...something cheap and useable will do.

You can get anything from like a tens of dollars to more then a hundred depending not just on how much "cheap" is to you, your bike and riding style. What foot apparel you ride with most often? Some pedals are fine with both slippers to sports shoes. And some are good with shoes that are rugged Xcountry hiking shoes.

The cheapest are the plastic type that cost like about $20 or less to more then $100 for those CNC machined and have nice lines with strong power transfer due to good construction design and good
grip teeth to contact with shoe soles so less of a chance of slipping off them which can be a very "OUCHY" situation when it goes around one rotation and whack the sharp peaks into your shin! heh...

Something like this is really cheap and good but becareful when it hits you back on a rebounce heheh..

You can get something like this for very cheap price. And just to add, I was riding with pedals like this for like a number of years when all I can afford was a very cheap entry level bike. They were pretty good. And if you look at the way it was design, you can add a strap to it and it becomes a pedal with a foot strap to hold your foot in place and aid in pedaling efficiency. That's my definition of cheap and good! heheh
wellgo_crmo_alloy_pedal.jpg

When you are prepare to pay abit more like above $50 but below about $100 you are looking at more well built platfomr pedals like this.

crank_bros_5050x_pedals_sil.jpg

Last edited:
Dude, the crankbros 5050 is for FR or something, not XC. Abit to beefy for my liking.

I was looking for this sometime back
mx11_n.gif

but it seems hardly any shops carry Xpedo products anymore.

Anyways i ride a fully rigid ti hardtail, mostly for road riding. So light pedals are definitely a plus, but i'm not a weight weenie. Something below 500g per pair will be nice.

Dude, the crankbros 5050 is for FR or something, not XC. Abit to beefy for my liking.

I was looking for this sometime back
mx11_n.gif

but it seems hardly any shops carry Xpedo products anymore.

Anyways i ride a fully rigid ti hardtail, mostly for road riding. So light pedals are definitely a plus, but i'm not a weight weenie. Something below 500g per pair will be nice.

XPEDO are not cheap and good man! heheheheh.. Ride a Ti Rigid does not make you someone looking for cheap and good. You are look at something alot more "XLS" heheh "Xpensive lightweight $hit" heh...

You want Xpedo you might need to go togoparts to ask the folks in the forum. I think Soon Watt (Soon Bike Supply) would be distributing them to other friendlier bike dealers in Singapore...if not....good luck buying at Boon Bike Supply's heheheh...

I think I recall seeing some at Hup Leong but I think they were more the clipless ones in the show case. Not sure, since I only pay attention more towards clipless pedals.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info dude. I'm not really insisting on Xpedo. Any substitute that is similar is welcome.

Seems we have quite a following....

Esp quite a few who are within cycling distance of Peirce Reservoir...

If anyone wants to get together, do a little short cycling and shooting followed by pratas and kopi, let me know!

Pete

Thanks for starting this thread Pete, have
the cycling enthusiasts in CS sharing their passion
for this healthy recreation or organizing regular
rides.

How about being a little braver, pack your bike
on a car rack and get it down to MacDonald's
in East Coast Park?

From there everyone can join in a leisure ride to
Changi Village and back.

Everyone is welcome to join including beginners.

Date: Saturday 14th Feb 2009

Time to meet at the above venue: 8.00am

Meeting Place: MacDonal's at East Coast Park

Riding Style: Leisurely at your own space

You can use any bikes (MTB, hybrid, roadbike,
foldable or just a single speed bike).

Thanks for starting this thread Pete, have
the cycling enthusiasts in CS sharing their passion
for this healthy recreation or organizing regular
rides.

How about being a little braver, pack your bike
on a car rack and get it down to MacDonald's
in East Coast Park?

From there everyone can join in a leisure ride to
Changi Village and back.

Everyone is welcome to join including beginners.

Date: Saturday 14th Feb 2009

Time to meet at the above venue: 8.00am

Meeting Place: MacDonal's at East Coast Park

Riding Style: Leisurely at your own space

You can use any bikes (MTB, hybrid, roadbike,
foldable or just a single speed bike).

eh 14 is valentines lei... haha.. dunno how many people might be having dates. Play cheat and use the electric bicycles. :D

Plus the short notice...
Will be away overseas.

Why not set a biking get-together end Feb instead?
Pierce is quieter and there is a nice prata place to eat and quench the thirst after...

Plus the short notice...
Will be away overseas.

Why not set a biking get-together end Feb instead?
Pierce is quieter and there is a nice prata place to eat and quench the thirst after...

Anyway, the ride is still on tomorrow 14th Feb, 2009 unless it rains.

For those who can make it, see you there. Will be on MTB with white long sleeve jersey.

It's indeed a good idea to get an introductory bike get together. Somehow, there may
be people who are not familiar with Pierce. Pete, you should give more details of the
meeting place.

:thumbsup::)

Think NTU is having a cycling event tomorrow that starts fron sun plaza at 6am to macdonald at east, you guys may bump into them.

Anyway, the ride is still on tomorrow 14th Feb, 2009 unless it rains.

For those who can make it, see you there. Will be on MTB with white long sleeve jersey.

It's indeed a good idea to get an introductory bike get together. Somehow, there may
be people who are not familiar with Pierce. Pete, you should give more details of the
meeting place.

:thumbsup::)

Sorry have things to do in the morning and early afternoon. Beside I normally only cycle from 5pm onwards on Saturday ( SO I guess that is how I will spend my Valentine heheh) ... for those not too fit to go long distance to Changi.. riding in the morning is fun to get there but as the sun heats up,,the returning trip will be pretty HOT!!!! heheheh.. Evening ride is safe in East Coast as the route is lit. So a early evening ride and return in the night at say 8-9pm is way less taxing.

Status
Not open for further replies.