CRT vs LCD & TFT monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
JimDavis said:
Confirmed it is at: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma.cpl

I've just checked.
Thanks Jimdavis and ckiang, I'll look for it and hopefully I can find it. Cos the CS I used is copied by my friend and I do not know if it the full version? :confused:

Anyway, worst come to worst, I'll take nice shots and try on this new TFT/LCD monitor of mine and see how it goes and edit from there. :think:

I managed to calibrate my TFT/LCD screen with Adobe Gamma! I don't know how it did but it sure solved the problem. :thumbsup:

One dumb question, how can I reset, change or cancel the adjusted settings by Adobe Gamma?

josho said:
interested to know abt the calibrate! Both my LCD are in different coloring!! Bright and dull. I had to do in between.

One way to do ur comp. Just put ur wallpaper to Black. then move ur screen to one side. As the back of the wallpaper is black right, u take that as an example to follow. Make sure u adjust the brightness and contrast to the black as well which will match the back of the wallpaper.

Once u done it.. move back ur screen to the position. If its too dark, bright or wat, just do the brightness and contrast that wun hurt ur eyes.

Thats something i did in office. As for my LCD, i cant move the screen at all.

Im using Philips. Not a cheapo brand bah.. :sweat:

Josho, you should try the Adobe Gamma too! It really make your screen color more brilliant!

Actually before you start using PS, you need to use Gamma to calibrate your screen first. otherwise, all your PS work are not accurate....If you try to print with your printer, you need to make adjustment...and when you sent it to your printers, more adjustments. you see, all the equipment manufacturers dun talk in the same lingo one... :sweat:

i uses the d/l version.

Well, The colour on my both LCD look almost tally. But, when I use to calibrate to match the black, god damn it that one LCD cannot adjust until i see totally black of the the black box. Another LCD, how i adjust its still totally black. Now my LCD no doubt had tally with the color in between each other, but to talk about real colour... I dun think so....

Better move on to CRT. Darn.....

josho said:
i uses the d/l version.

Well, The colour on my both LCD look almost tally. But, when I use to calibrate to match the black, god damn it that one LCD cannot adjust until i see totally black of the the black box. Another LCD, how i adjust its still totally black. Now my LCD no doubt had tally with the color in between each other, but to talk about real colour... I dun think so....

Better move on to CRT. Darn.....

no need CRT. just get an eye-one to do a hardware calibration
it's much much more accurate than adobe gamma

adobe gamma is as accurate as your eyes can get
and even so, everyone's eyes are different, which means everyone does not calibrate the same way

only with eye-one can you get consistent results across a wide range of crt/lcd

zod said:
adobe gamma is as accurate as your eyes can get
and even so, everyone's eyes are different, which means everyone does not calibrate the same way

Adobe Gamma is meant for CRT only lah

oeyvind said:
Adobe Gamma is meant for CRT only lah
er, ya, so?

Ooi pls. keep this Panasonic forum for Panasonic related items lar, Dun think they ever produce monitors? U all can discuss this topic about monitors in Consumers corner mah.

chickencurry said:
Ooi pls. keep this Panasonic forum for Panasonic related items lar, Dun think they ever produce monitors? U all can discuss this topic about monitors in Consumers corner mah.

I have to clarify since I am the one started this post. I posted becasue I want to know if it is my PANASONIC DMC LUMIX FZ20 or my new TFT screen is faulty. If it is my Panasonic is fautly as least Lumix users here are more familiar with their cameras(as they own longer than me) and the TFT or CRT.

If I were to post in consumer corners, they might ask which camera I used and maybe direct backto Panasonic forum.

Another e.g., why are their macro shots here in Panasonic and with other add on lenses like Sigma, Nikon....? There is a Nikon forum and also a macro pics forum right? So should those who posted the macro pics and added lenses go to Consumer corner, Nikon, or macro pics forum?

In short, I personally feel that this Panasonic forum should be a place for all the Panasonic users irregardless if it is the equipment(camera), software or accessories.....etc. And also help and assistance to any fellow Panasonic users in any ways.

JMO.

No worries spiderman. Hehehe If u notice all my posting mianly in Pana Thread then the others. lol.. too lazy to browse :thumbsd:

Anyway, lax lax...... ;p

theITguy said:
Me no need calibrate, shoot and print :D

WOW! You are killing the jungles! :bigeyes:

josho said:
Samsung too bright for me .. Philips is still alright. I had no prob with the brand. Been using for long.. :bsmilie:
Same experience. I prefer Phillip. The Samsung colour is a bit better. Phillip has a better eye relief.

tOGGY said:
Same experience. I prefer Phillip. The Samsung colour is a bit better. Phillip has a better eye relief.

Im holding 170S and B4BB series. 170S LCD is much better but not as sharp as B4. Hence the colour is abit blur but much on lighter side. More of the colour look as same as CRT. B4 is sharper but then... argh... Its too dark. Im kinda stuck in between them. I guess i Need to develop the photos to check which is much clearer and accurate on my both LCD. :(

It's always an agrumentative on LCDs. LOL

funny...you all dont believe in colour management? If calibration is not necessary, why pple spends hundreds to thousands to get a calibration tools. I have many graphic cards and different brands of LCDs at home, when i hook up these LCDs with differnet graphic card, the colour will be different also, that's why I use eye-one to calibrate the screen frequently in order to keep the colour consistent. Colour of differnet LCDs will more or less matches after a proper calibration.

If u all want good and accurate colour out of the box, look at apple :)

Wai, does it work when Im running Dual Screen at the same time? Meaning to say, First LCD then Second LCD but Im running them form ym Graphic Card as one is Analog, another is DVI

josho said:
Wai, does it work when Im running Dual Screen at the same time? Meaning to say, First LCD then Second LCD but Im running them form ym Graphic Card as one is Analog, another is DVI

you can calibrate both and have 2 profiles. but at 1 time, only 1 profile can be active
ie, only 1 monitor will be hardware calibrated accurate
u got to manually adjust the other monitor to match it

solution is to get another gfx and use both or to get a matrox gfx

Status
Not open for further replies.