Creative Crew - April 2011 > Photoshop secret rooms and web for geeks

stefanovirgilli

May 1, 2010
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
Stefano and Brinda are going to share more tips and tricks about Photosohp for photographers. Leon and Preetam will get in depth about new and old web features. In a world in continuos change.

1529864867-1.jpg

Don't miss next Creative Crew's meeting!

Date: Tuesday April 12th, 2011

Time: From 6:45PM to 8:45PM

Venue: Bedok Public Library, Programme Zone #01

Free registration on Eventbrite

SESSION 1

Title:

Fun and profit with QR codes - add interactivity to your print adverts and posters

Speaker:

Preetam Rai, Educator and Technologist

Duration:

15 minutes

Synopsis:

Quick Response (QR) codes are two dimensional codes invented in 90s by a Japanese auto company. They are common in Japan where you can find many people snapping QR codes on their mobile phones from magazines or storefronts. You can embed URLs, email addresses or any other text information on these codes. Learn how to create your own QR codes and add them to your posters. Discover other fun ways to use QR codes.

SESSION 2

Title:

Photo manipulation - The unexpected filters of Photoshop

Speaker:

Brinda Balakrishnan, trainer at VOX LAB, School of Visual Arts

Duration:

15 minutes

Synopsis:

My talk will be on taking an existing photograph and completing manipulating it. Photo manipulation, nowadays, is widely-used in the net to create artistic and inspired images. Several ordinary photos are edited and given a new concept- illustrating an innovative and original piece of art. With the aid of Photoshop, the combination of imagination and skills in using available tools are handy in Photo manipulation.

SESSION 3

Title:

Introduction To SQL

Speaker:

Leon Lim, Director of Touch and Print

Duration:

15 minutes

Synopsis:

A simple brief introduction to SQL and databases. What is SQL and what is a database. Includes a simple demo of the SELECT statement in SQL to retrieve data from a database.

SESSION 4

Title:

Photo Montage AKA "Get that person out of my picture!"

Speaker:

Stefano Virgilli, Adobe Certified Instructor Design Master at VOX LAB, School of Visual Arts

Duration:

25 minutes

Synopsis:

Let's get the facts right. You can't possibly remove something from a picture without necessarily replace it with something else. Therefore, what do you want to replace it with?

Discover with Stefano how to perform amazing photo montages with Adobe Photoshop.

Photo by Nicholas Guzman

Some rights reserved

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nick_g/1280155268/sizes/z/in/photostream/

Last edited:
Hi! I'm a newbie, may I know how do i sign up? Do we have to pay for administration fees?