Could these Nikkor Lenses be used in DSLR?

Hi, sorry for barging in, cos i tot since TS is asking if the lens can fit the body, I'd tot i ride along the wave and pose my own questions..

can this lens "AF-S DX VR Zoom-Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G IF-ED" fit into D5100?

Cos from the manual, they just state tt most DX lens are suitable.. need some confirmation of some sort while researching first.

Thanks, and apologies for riding on!

Hi, sorry for barging in, cos i tot since TS is asking if the lens can fit the body, I'd tot i ride along the wave and pose my own questions..

Cos from the manual, they just state tt most DX lens are suitable.. need some confirmation of some sort while researching first.

Hey bro, 55-200 is a DX lens it will fit onto DX bodies.

To TS and anyone else who is confused; just know that Nikon have two type of categories for lenses and bodies, namely - DX and FX.

Google it.

Lastly, to be sure on the compatibility check out Nikon website, for more information and images of lens CLICK ON THIS

iamthatman said:

Yup. Can be used on a D5100. In fact, the auto focus is still possible, all lenses with AF-S will AF on a D5100. As for fitting, all Nikkor or Nikon mount lenses can fit on all Nikon DSLR.

Yup. Can be used on a D5100. In fact, the auto focus is still possible, all lenses with AF-S will AF on a D5100. As for fitting, all Nikkor or Nikon mount lenses can fit on all Nikon DSLR.

You are indeed very clever, all Nikon lenses even the very old ones from 1959 will fit the D5100 (and D40, D60, etc) but the very old ones won't fit D70, D80, ... D300, D3, etc.

The twin 18-55 and 55-200 are marketed as kit lenses for the D3100.