Cost of developing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by ziploc
If you brought them down to Fuji e-Pics outlets like Soo Kee or Konota, you can get the prints almost as fast as film prints. The quality from these Fuji Frontier machines are great, even though more expensive. The fastest I've gotten was gave them the media in the evening before they close shop, and got back the prints around noon the next day. And yup... the prints from standard photos, even though cheap, are not as good. I would rather pay a bit more and have my pics printed properly.

I totally agree. Trust me, it's not worth the agony of scrimping on processing cost and getting back crappy prints. If you value your images/photos, get them printed properly by a good lab. Costs more, but well worth it. And you won't be misled into thinking your camera is lousy, then waste money upgrading and upgrading and upgrading. :D

Regards
CK

hey guys and gals,

Does the photo lab and the chemical used determine the quality of the negatives?? Can it be true that only with good negative as a start can there be good prints in the colour emulsion, saturation and contrast.

Originally posted by RuthBaby
I recomend u to burn all the pics into CD roms, rather to leave yr CF with them... not cheap wor...

aniwae, i tried developing at standard photo... they charge mi #0.30 per 4R pic, and $3 processing fee.... :)

but their quality sucks....
TRY NETS IMAGE IN IKEA BUILDING ...NOT BAD......

Originally posted by Mouse
hey guys and gals,

Does the photo lab and the chemical used determine the quality of the negatives?? Can it be true that only with good negative as a start can there be good prints in the colour emulsion, saturation and contrast.

The are several factors. Of coz, if you have a bad negative to start with, no lab can do miracles. If you have a good negative, a neighbourhood lab will not bring out its best. Good labs don't overuse their chemicals, and they know how to operate the machines properly, not just put everything on auto.

Regards
CK

Originally posted by RuthBaby
I recomend u to burn all the pics into CD roms, rather to leave yr CF with them... not cheap wor...

aniwae, i tried developing at standard photo... they charge mi #0.30 per 4R pic, and $3 processing fee.... :)

but their quality sucks

weird... I did not have to pay processing fee at Standard Photo(same $0.30 per 4R) and the quality is good....

maybe they use the $3 to add "additional" ingredients ;p

got my 2nd batch of photos from Standard Photo, Raffles Place. Quality is ok. $0.30 per 4R, no processing fee.

Originally posted by mpenza
got my 2nd batch of photos from Standard Photo, Raffles Place. Quality is ok. $0.30 per 4R, no processing fee.

Hmm.. I'm still waiting for mine from Parkway Parade. They charge me 35 cents per pic leh... how come? :(

Originally posted by azone

Hmm.. I'm still waiting for mine from Parkway Parade. They charge me 35 cents per pic leh... how come? :(

Can you tell me the quality when you received it?

I borrowed a discount card from a colleague.

Jus got mine from Standard Photo at Junction 8. Overall quality is good, and the paper used is kodak professional (Glossy). However, I suspected they did some editing to SOME of my poorly taken pics, which turned out awful. They charged me $0.35 per pcs. Might send some pics for 8R processing ($4.80 only) to see how's the quality like.

Originally posted by Catalyst
Jus got mine from Standard Photo at Junction 8. Overall quality is good, and the paper used is kodak professional (Glossy). However, I suspected they did some editing to SOME of my poorly taken pics, which turned out awful. They charged me $0.35 per pcs. Might send some pics for 8R processing ($4.80 only) to see how's the quality like.

is there a handling charge?

no handling charge for >$8 of prints.

hmm... weird, I remembered being quoted $3.50 for 8R at Raffles Place Standard Photo.

I just got my pics back from Standard Photo (Marine Parade) and the quality is good IMO. Quite satisfied with it. Will send to them to print in future. ;)

I just got my pics back from Standard Photo (Marine Parade) and the quality is good IMO. Quite satisfied with it. Will send to them to print in future. ;)

do you need to crop to 3:2 format?

Originally posted by Keito

do you need to crop to 3:2 format?

Yes, I cropped the pics myself. Just let them know that no cropping is needed for your pics. ;)

Yes, I cropped the pics myself. Just let them know that no cropping is needed for your pics. ;)

ahhh ... sian ... then i have to use fuji epics ....

Originally posted by Keito

ahhh ... sian ... then i have to use fuji epics ....

Huh? Why? Of course you can dun crop it and let them do the cropping for you mah.

Huh? Why? Of course you can dun crop it and let them do the cropping for you mah.

Dun wan, not safe hee ... i c how first ... haven't pick the photos to print too, thanks for the feedback :)

Status
Not open for further replies.