COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 3 TCSS

Status
Not open for further replies.
hel.........lloooooo...............ZZZZZ.....................

Please note changes of day and time :)

The topic that I am covering is about reportage/street photography (National Geographic style) and touch on the followings :

[1] How to approach the main subject? (look out for juxtaposing, background and light )
[2] Relationship of photographer and the main subject (observe how I form a relationship with them)
[3] Camera setting and creativity.
[4] Story and theme

Originally posted by bro Haslan :

Sharing Session with Bro Ardaan on street photography, explanation on setting when doing street photography, observation on how to approach objects, capture and lastly, summarizing the techniques.

Since this is a sharing and learning session, participants are encourage to stick with the group and not to roam around by themselves.

Open to 7 participants only

DATE: Sun, 4th Oct
TIME: 3.30pm

Briefing and Introduction : 3.30am
Walkabout & Sharing : 4pm onwards
Dinner & Q&A : 6.30pm

1) Haslan
2) vpsk01 aka Vin
3) Chooi Mei
4) LeGozt aka Keith
5) Ardaan aka Thomas (97779072)
6) Gabriel Lim
7)

Note : I am not sharing about street candid ya!

Just send it in for checks. They will tell you if there's charges.
I wonder if they know the camera has been knocked or something. Last week went to send in my sister dc, overheard canon cs telling another customer say must check whether it has been knocked a not, his case is the dc lens is not going in.

Canon seems to have no communication btw their technical department and customer svc department.

I send my flash in for svc, was told that there's repair parts and svc charges. I said well ok since I'm also informed via email beforehand.

Then the following day, the technical department called and say the part cost me $16 before GST. Fine since I need to get it repaired so I asked so is it $16 + $40 (for svc charges), the guy told me no, it's covered under warranty. I was like 'Oh really!!' in my head. Haha!

So since can check the repair status online, I login and check. True enough, there only indicated $16 and as I typed, my flash is ready for collection. Wheeee... SMS put $17.12 with GST. :bsmilie:
If it is under warranty, why do they still charge you for the part?

I wonder if they know the camera has been knocked or something. Last week went to send in my sister dc, overheard canon cs telling another customer say must check whether it has been knocked a not, his case is the dc lens is not going in.

If it is under warranty, why do they still charge you for the part?

hahhaa.. was i beside you or not.. cos i think thats the problem with my mum's DC when i sent it in last week.. LOL

hahhaa.. was i beside you or not.. cos i think thats the problem with my mum's DC when i sent it in last week.. LOL
Last Wednesday, 09/09/09 around 4 or 5 something? Ixus 90 IS? :D

Last edited:
Last Wednesday, 09/09/09 around 4 or 5 something? Ixus 90 IS? :D

hahaha.. not me i think.. not sure of the day.. but i was there ard 5 plus with ixus 100is.. gold one..

hahaha.. not me i think.. not sure of the day.. but i was there ard 5 plus with ixus 100is.. gold one..

I didn't see you.

I was there to send in my 580EXII ard the same time also. Haha! =D

Well, I was charged only for the part that was broken. when I went back to collect on Fri. Actually, the canon guy just gave me my flash and never say anything about payment. After I checked, he just said ok, that's all.

So I told him, eh, how about payment? And he was also surprised that I only need to pay for the spare part and said service is under some kind of warranty. :bsmilie:

Wondering what some kind? Isn't it just Canon Warranty... LOL.. :bsmilie:

I didn't see you.

I was there to send in my 580EXII ard the same time also. Haha! =D

Well, I was charged only for the part that was broken. when I went back to collect on Fri. Actually, the canon guy just gave me my flash and never say anything about payment. After I checked, he just said ok, that's all.

So I told him, eh, how about payment? And he was also surprised that I only need to pay for the spare part and said service is under some kind of warranty. :bsmilie:

Wondering what some kind? Isn't it just Canon Warranty... LOL.. :bsmilie:

See...told u so...Canon! Delighting you always!..:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.