COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 11 TCSS - It's been a while...

By joining competitions is a way of learning (i.e. knowing where you stand in the midst of the crowd) :)

After much consideration and comparison,

1 pair of Phottix Atlas: 2 x $180 = $360
1 pair of PW Plus II: $500 (Mass Sales)

$500 - $360 = $140

I guess one should go straight for PW. I'm saving up for it. =D

wow...price gone down..:D

Eh guys, can recommend netbook ah? Budget $600+? er 10"? Wat other specs ah? Sad, goto save my knee :(

Eh guys, can recommend netbook ah? Budget $600+? er 10"? Wat other specs ah? Sad, goto save my knee :(

maybe u can ask JPlim he just bought a netbook Acer Aspire one.

anyway lol. this thread is really really dead man.

Budget 600+ got alot of choices for netbook. However, if you intend to do photo editing on a netbook, you are inviting headaches to your problem as netbooks do not have the raw processing power to render images fast enough. That's the reason why I settled for an Acer Aspire 4741GN50 notebook that comes with i5-M450 + 2GB + GT-330M 1GB dedicated graphics for only $999. Thereafter, got a cheap offer to upgrade another 2GB for $60 :).

Reporting in. :devil:

I have my full-time day job and yet able to keep my shooting assignments and they are both co-related. Thus my disappearance nowadays.

Haha! :bsmilie:

u can get lots of choices with ur budget.
Personal experience, the new Intel Atom N550 processor is really not bad at all.
The first dual core for Atom family...
U can consider that if you need better performance netbook.

maybe u can ask JPlim he just bought a netbook Acer Aspire one. anyway lol. this thread is really really dead man.
haha, I was too busy recently with both work and master course.
Bought the Acer Aspire One D255 for its portability and long battery life.
Suits my need for about 10 hrs battery life.

Budget 600+ got alot of choices for netbook. However, if you intend to do photo editing on a netbook, you are inviting headaches to your problem as netbooks do not have the raw processing power to render images fast enough. That's the reason why I settled for an Acer Aspire 4741GN50 notebook that comes with i5-M450 + 2GB + GT-330M 1GB dedicated graphics for only $999. Thereafter, got a cheap offer to upgrade another 2GB for $60 :).
U r rite
Lack of graphic card is the main problem for netbook.
The integrated graphic card is quite slow and it will be quite slow to do graphic processing with it. I have considered Acer Aspire 3820 as well, however it is a bit too heavy for my need. So end up, I bought the netbook. 4741GN50 is really a value buy, I am sure that u will be happy with it.

u can get lots of choices with ur budget.
Personal experience, the new Intel Atom N550 processor is really not bad at all.
The first dual core for Atom family...
U can consider that if you need better performance netbook.

haha, I was too busy recently with both work and master course.
Bought the Acer Aspire One D255 for its portability and long battery life.
Suits my need for about 10 hrs battery life.

U r rite
Lack of graphic card is the main problem for netbook.
The integrated graphic card is quite slow and it will be quite slow to do graphic processing with it. I have considered Acer Aspire 3820 as well, however it is a bit too heavy for my need. So end up, I bought the netbook. 4741GN50 is really a value buy, I am sure that u will be happy with it.

Was thinking getting a 2nd hand IMAc Laptop and also trad in my old CPU,get a new 2nd hand CPU at Sim Lim Square at 3 level which I get to know one of the shop Boss.By this end of the year.

It seem here,is very quite.Dunno where everyone had gone to after the F1 race?

wah been longest disappearance from here :p

how (and where) is everyone??!