Convert RAW to ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

softail

Apr 28, 2009
Hi all, what software is recommended & commonly used to convert RAW files to JPG, TIFF, BMP... ? I can't seem to find a topic on this after doing a search.

Hi all, what software is recommended & commonly used to convert RAW files to JPG, TIFF, BMP... ? I can't seem to find a topic on this after doing a search.

I use Lightroom to do some adjustments and covert to DNG (Digital Negative) with no loss. After that I import into Photoshop and after my adjustments or PS work (if it is major work), export to JPEG.

If PS not needed, I sometimes export to JPG using Lightroom also.

You can also try the software that came with your camera. For Nikon, you have to pay for the license and it is called Capture NX.

Most commonly JPG, because that's more or less universal. If you send photos to friends who are not photographers, chances are they won't be able to open .psd, .tiff or .dng files, so JPG is by far the most universal and common.

you can use Nikon ViewNX to convert Raw file to jpg.

file size TIFF and BMP are very big and most people don't really need it.

then you have not really searched.

Status
Not open for further replies.