Consolidated NKF Thread

After reading this, will you still donate to NKF?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
reachme2003 said:
i quote from st of pm lee's remarks made in las vegas.

(question) "this has been happening for many years, it took so long and and a court case for the issues to rise. do you think there is something lacking in the system?

(PM Lee). i do not know what has happened in the past. it has come out now. obviously, the checks and balances didn't work. the ceo is responsible, he reports to the board, the board has a fiduciary responsibility to answer for this. so somehow it didn't function, they resigned and let's start from scratch, let's look ahead."

is he saying that we should forget the past?

I think he is saying that it is ..... A HONEST MISTAKE....

Wai said:
not really...they actually left the mess for the new board and CEO to settle :dunno:
that is why i say that the current board of director had been let off too easily consider the mess they have created

reno77 said:
I think he is saying that it is ..... A HONEST MISTAKE....

It was no mistake ..... but a well- planned scheme ...... give everyone 12 months bonus so that he is implicated the whole NKF ship sinks with him ....... :think: .

Btw, would like to know how many of you have reverted to donating to the NKF after this incident? Cheated first time ....naive, cheated 2nd time foolish :mad2: , cheated 3rd time ....... Sucker :kok: , cheated again ....... :hung:

zubat said:
Ya. I agree with Goh Yong Qin. Please take his advice below and “move on”
Good night.

move on??? just like that????

why not u donate yr charity money to me, i get myself a D2X, trinity lens.... then 10cents i put into the donation tin can. what say u??

move my asss!! we are talking about misleading the general public here. ANd the idiot minister says just move on.... well the garmen always like that. when they make mistakes, just say Move on.

all these elites, really getting out of touch with the people ... :thumbsd:

http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/news/story/0,4136,91670,00.html?

And now, MediaCorp artistes also complain how badly they were treated during the show

They had risked life and limb raising funds for the NKF through the charity shows.

But they feel they didn't get enough appreciation for their efforts - or enough attention when they were hurt.

Said an artiste: '(We were told to) act sad and not to laugh or joke or show that we are enjoying ourselves. Otherwise, it will 'cover' the sombre mood wanted for the show.'

The artiste also claimed that some of the emotional displays during the show are actually scripted.

'Before each show, the organisers will talk to us. They will tell us to say things like 'I want you to call'. Because we are stars, our fans will heed our call and start donating.'

Yeowww said:
move on??? just like that????

why not u donate yr charity money to me, i get myself a D2X, trinity lens.... then 10cents i put into the donation tin can. what say u??

move my asss!! we are talking about misleading the general public here. ANd the idiot minister says just move on.... well the garmen always like that. when they make mistakes, just say Move on.

all these elites, really getting out of touch with the people ... :thumbsd:
Good Thinking. You seem a very sensible person.
What are your plans?
Are you authorized to get my donation back?

Wai said:
http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/news/story/0,4136,91670,00.html?

And now, MediaCorp artistes also complain how badly they were treated during the show

CRY on cue. No joking on the set. Be careful with the props.
These are just some of the instructions that have irked some MediaCorp artistes performing stunts on NKF fundraising shows.

Behind the brave, often grave, faces of the stars performing in the shows, they claim, are traces of bitterness.

Sounds to me that they are stupid to carry on for every show after having to go through all that. Maybe they are contractually binded to do so. :think:

tao said:
CRY on cue. No joking on the set. Be careful with the props.
These are just some of the instructions that have irked some MediaCorp artistes performing stunts on NKF fundraising shows.

Behind the brave, often grave, faces of the stars performing in the shows, they claim, are traces of bitterness.

Sounds to me that they are stupid to carry on for every show after having to go through all that. Maybe they are contractually binded to do so. :think:
They have to perform-Their rice bowls. The answer lies with who owns MediaCorp?
Looks like another group of NKF victim.

Wai said:
I think she should face the public to explain the matter herself, and not ask her husband to pass the message :dunno:

Agree, if she's really sincere, should explain to the public herself. It's not just about the peanuts comments.. but also that she fully supported TT Durai and the way they managed funds..

I hope she realised that her view was wrong, and is humble enough to admit to the public... Currently it only seems that she merely regretted that she said what she said out loud... ;(

stk said:
I hope she realised that her view was wrong

well..i dont think she realised that the comment was inappropriate

Mr Goh said: "To educate her I showed her the letters and emails and now I think she understands better what she said was not quite in order but she explains why she said it. She told me that she was thinking of the organisation, she said that if you look at the organisation, the right person must be paid the right wage, but of course she put it across that way, the rest is history."
:dunno: :think:

but at least SM Goh understand that it is wrong

He added: "When she told me what she said at home, I told her immediately, you're in trouble. There'll be negative reaction and sure enough the next day, Singaporeans reacted generally quite critically to her remarks and it's understandable because NKF is a charity and Singaporeans contribute to the NKF and they don't earn much."
:rolleyes: :

Till now it seems that none of those involved (TT Durai, Board of Directors and Mrs Goh) has admitted that there was anything wrong with the way they managed funds..

I guess they're just regretting that it was made public.. ;(

I dont understand why until now, only our well respected SM Goh "indicated" Ms Peanut understand she had might have made an inappropreate comment.

As the woman behind such a great man, shouldnt she be "man" enoght to stand out an explain her real intend meaning to ther comment. More inportantly, apologise to singaporean should she agree that she is in the wrong.

stk said:
Till now it seems that none of those involved (TT Durai, Board of Directors and Mrs Goh) has admitted that there was anything wrong with the way they managed funds..

I guess they're just regretting that it was made public.. ;(

if that is the case, then there's no way for them to regain the trust of the public.

denniskee said:
I dont understand why until now, only our well respected SM Goh "indicated" Ms Peanut understand she had might have made an inappropreate comment.

As the woman behind such a great man, shouldnt she be "man" enoght to stand out an explain her real intend meaning to ther comment. More inportantly, apologise to singaporean should she agree that she is in the wrong.

i find it quite shocking that someone of her stature was absolutely clueless what the impact of her statement was to the singapore public. furthermore, she needed to be told and educated by SM Goh that she was in trouble over the comment that she made.

Virgo said:
Think it's a matter of time more breaking news set in, as the investigation team steps in to investigate on the injured NKF.

Now that NKF are scaling down their fundraising efforts for the foreseeable future, does this mean that they will be trimming their staff numbers as well to cut down on unnecessary running costs?

Aton said:
Don't think we can have

People Vs TT Durai

the people, who pay TTD's salary and bonuses through their donations, may have a case against tt durai if they can prove that he has by deception dishonestly obtained for himself the opportunity to earn remuneration or greater remuneration in his office or employment.

zaren said:
the people, who pay TTD's salary and bonuses through their donations, may have a case against tt durai if they can prove that he has by deception dishonestly obtained for himself the opportunity to earn remuneration or greater remuneration in his office or employment.

Then I suggest someone start up an online petition/donation drive to fund a mass "people vs. TT durai + board of NKF" suit in court. Oh, and while he's at it too, may as well implicate some govt officials who're trying to cover this thing up.

While it may sound like an excellent thing to do, lets face it, there's NOTHING that can be done. Singapore is much like Malaysia before, if Mahathir said something, its as good as law. PM Lee has already said the "lets look ahead" statement, meaning that any further investigation into NKF's past dealings will die a quick death

Gymrat76 said:
Then I suggest someone start up an online petition/donation drive to fund a mass "people vs. TT durai + board of NKF" suit in court. Oh, and while he's at it too, may as well implicate some govt officials who're trying to cover this thing up.

While it may sound like an excellent thing to do, lets face it, there's NOTHING that can be done. Singapore is much like Malaysia before, if Mahathir said something, its as good as law. PM Lee has already said the "lets look ahead" statement, meaning that any further investigation into NKF's past dealings will die a quick death

you forget that we have a clean government in singapore. any possible wrongdoing or offence will be exposed and punished, so that the good reputation of singapore is not tarnished, and the confidence of the public not eroded.

Status
Not open for further replies.