Consolidated NKF Thread

After reading this, will you still donate to NKF?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, in a sense, i think NKF is going overboard if they really are indulging in such unnecessary luxuries. I find it hard to consider them as a charitable organisation but perhaps more of a business. and i absolutely hate their high and mighty attitude...oh you don't need to know how we run our organisation (dude, we are funding your organisation!). why not let us hear your side of the story so we don't jump to the wrong conclusions. unless you have something to hide?

but will i donate to NKF? yes. simply becos they are the most convenient and easily available option (i'm lazy, aren't we all?). Let's face it, theoretically, even if only 70% of the money goes to the kidney patients, that's 70% more than what the patients would get if NKF wasn't around. Let's not be harsh, the NKF are not criminals. In a sense, they offer a service to us and the kidney patients. if they do really take a cut off the funds for expenses, you cannot blame them. they have really done a world of good for kidney patients. but i just ask that they let us know! we deserve to know where every cent goes.

however, i have not yet donated to the NKF cancer fund. simply, i believe that the spin-off is unnecessary. i would simply donate twice to the singapore cancer society. don't you think it's silly? the National Kidney Foundation Cancer Charity Fund? i have not yet heard a good reason why they are even into this. is the cancer society not doing a good job? i haven't heard any complaints. all this does is add confusion and drain funds away from an organisation that is already doing so much to help the cancer patients. competition is good? i do believe so and perhaps the cancer patients may even end up with more funds and we get an alternative outlet to donate. but it may also mean that the cancer society may not get enough funds for their own operations because the public is simply too jaded from the blitz of charity shows. what are the NKF's intentions? supplement the cancer society or replace it? the problem is that the NKF seem to be intent on keeping the details of their organisation from the public eye. so how can we be sure of their intentions?

and it's only my opinion so don't flame me: i really find those shows unbearably stupid. oh look! jack neo is running over hot coals. that make me wanna donate so badly! yeah...sure.....

blame the CEO not those who needs the help/service.

Gymrat76 said:
Well, since NKF's revenue is 100% from public donations, who else? As for dkw's comments, all I can say is that if I donate to a CHARITY, I don't expect the CEO of that charity to be awarded 12 months bonus, not including the fact that he has a $25k monthly salary and lavish travel and sanitary appliances.

Nobody's advocating letting kidney patients suffer, but as pointed out, there are many other charities out there that are not as publicised and as such, below the radar. Its much easier to dial a number on screen (and hope to win something!) than to write out a cheque and mail it rite? :confused:

And from your tone, I have to ask: Do you by any chance work for NKF? :think:

haha...you read my tone wrong sir! :nono:

Lars said:
blame the CEO not those who needs the help/service.

Uh, isn't that what everyone's doing? I haven't seen a single post on "It the fault of those kidney patients! If they don't have problems then there wouldn't be this mess in the first place!"....

madmacs said:
haha...you read my tone wrong sir! :nono:

I didn't mean you dude... that was addressed to dkw... sorry it wasn't clear :)

Does everyone here realize that by not donating to the NKF anymore, it is the kidney patients that suffer the most? Yes, I agree the management has to get their things done correctly, but don't let this serious matter judge your emotions........the matter has been brought into the limelight and these people will hopefully be dealt with, and changes made.

My father was a kidney patient for 12 years, I have seen how it can wreck your body and your mind as well.......take a look at the kidney treatment centers, it could be more important to you to see the patients who are saved! This awareness may be more important than just your dollars.........

Hong Sien

If I donate, can I have a clause that says 'these funds are not to be used for Gold toilet flushes nor first class tickets'?

hongsien said:
Does everyone here realize that by not donating to the NKF anymore, it is the kidney patients that suffer the most? Yes, I agree the management has to get their things done correctly, but don't let this serious matter judge your emotions........the matter has been brought into the limelight and these people will hopefully be dealt with, and changes made.

My father was a kidney patient for 12 years, I have seen how it can wreck your body and your mind as well.......take a look at the kidney treatment centers, it could be more important to you to see the patients who are saved! This awareness may be more important than just your dollars.........

Hong Sien

Well, NKF still has a couple HUNDRED of million of dollars in reserve don't they? Supposed to last a few years? Nothing gets the attention of an organization (especially one like this) faster than loss of revenue through loss of public confidence. Maybe if more people cancel their donations they would be forced to evaluate the REASON why they have lost public confidence in the first place and actually do something to fix it. The patients still get their dialysis but the management get a kick in the ass. If nothing is done, whats to make them change the statue quo? :dunno:

wah, still got $$$ to sue people huh... waste this kind of money might as well use it to save more people. they really peng jia lad.

Gymrat76 said:
Well, NKF still has a couple million of dollars in reserve don't they? Supposed to last a few years? Nothing gets the attention of an organization (especially one like this) faster than loss of revenue through loss of public confidence. Maybe if more people cancel their donations they would be forced to evaluate the REASON why they have lost public confidence in the first place and actually do something to fix it. The patients still get their dialysis but the management get a kick in the ass. If nothing is done, whats to make them change the statue quo? :dunno:

I agree with you buy SINGAPOREANS JUST CANNOT RESIST THOSE LUCKY DRAW PRIZES ESPECIALLY THE TOP PRIZES SUCH AS CONDOS AND CARS!!! :rolleyes:

Man.... what are expensive condos and cars doing as lucky draw prizes in charity shows? :sticktong

hongsien said:

Hong Sien
Try Kidney Dialysis Foundation. :D

:think: something to think about

those who need the donation suffer when there is a lack of it. in the world where many charitable organisations have to (directly or indirectly) compete for donations, when a few take a big chunk off the pie, many smaller (and financially weaker) charitable organisations (with countless needies) may suffer from the lack of donations.

also, when a charitable organisation is mismanaged, the needies under it may suffer from getting less than what they could (or even should) get.

when it comes to money for charity, efficiency counts.

Hommie said:
Try Kidney Dialysis Foundation. :D
I know about that one too, but that thats not what my point was........blame the managment yes, but not the organization. There are thousands of patients under their care..........

HS

hongsien said:
I know about that one too, but that thats not what my point was........blame the managment yes, but not the organization. There are thousands of patients under their care..........

HS
I think most patients know of the Kidney Dialysis Foundation. You worry too much.

hongsien said:

HS

but nkf got money mah....so might as well channel to other need recipients.

The people who stand to loose the most, are very often those the most in need.

Feinwerkbau said:
The people who stand to loose the most, are very often those the most in need.

strongly agree... CEO 12 months bonus.... people who need the aid suffers.... people stop donating.... poor kidney patients also suffer.... WTH... why it is always the rich getting richer and the poor always have to suffer?

I also think the management drain too much from the donation. I have donated since they started the show years back but in recent years it seem to come out with more show and jus cannot stand it anymore. YHow many show must there be. There is so many donations but there is still so many kidney patients still cannont get the funding so where is all the money goes to? Worse still, i have to see the faces of all the tcs artists looking so sad, tired, pathetic which made me agitated cos it seem to me they are really good actors and actress. Some of the stuns are not difficult and they seem to show that they are difficult to perform. :angry: No offence! This is just a personal opinion. Although i am not happy at it, i will still donate it.

there won't be smoke if there's no fire.
from what is stated in today newspaper - this fellow character.. :nono:

$25K a month!

Status
Not open for further replies.