[ Compiled Info ] - Cool accessories for EP1/2, GF1 and other m4/3 cameras

Olympus Singapore online sells these soft buttons things. What do they do exactly?

It's a variant of the soft release button used in the old days (like Nikon had some) and until now, most notably Leica and other RF users. Excellent even on medium format cameras, or 35mm SLRs, like the Olympus OM series.

Basically, properly used, it can give you one extra f-stop, it makes the shutter button more like a hair trigger (in gun talk - i.e. easier to press).

Here is just one manufacturer explaining how to use it (skip to the bottom paragraph). For current DSLRs and compacts, one can only stick the soft button on the shutter button, not screw it in.

http://matchtechnical.com/Beep.aspx

not bad, may be wait for it to be built into the adapter.

I like this feature the most, just like those 6-bit codes for Leica lenses:

"Insert additional lens information for picture identification - e.g. exif shows "Planar 50/1.4" when viewed in PC (NEW) "

Now I won't forget what lens and aperture I used for an image ...

Last edited:
I like this feature the most, just like those 6-bit codes for Leica lenses:

"Insert additional lens information for picture identification - e.g. exif shows "Planar 50/1.4" when viewed in PC (NEW) "

Now I won't forget what lens and aperture I used for an image ...

looks good, first, i need to reduce my adapters+lens list first;p
thanks for sharing

I came across some comment about the glare from the sun destroying the quality of the photoshoot, just wondering if it is recommended to get a lens hood to block the sun? or I should still get a uv filter?

I went to ask mscolor, they are selling quite cheap, $15, but forgot what was the name of the brand.

my jnk skin arrived today.. but after putting on the skin.. my camera cannot fit nicely into the half case although it is still fitting..

skinc.jpg

my jnk skin arrived today.. but after putting on the skin.. my camera cannot fit nicely into the half case although it is still fitting..

skinc.jpg

How much was this, and which one did you go for? Looks really good. ;-)

my PEN in hakuba half case, jnk leather skin n gariz soft button :lovegrin:

cam1w.jpg

cam2d.jpg

my PEN in hakuba half case, jnk leather skin n gariz soft button :lovegrin:
bro ykgen, what the gariz soft button for?
i also use jnk but for epl1, cost S$22 but it doesn't wrap around like ep2. think it's more "complete on the ep2"

bro ykgen, what the gariz soft button for?
i also use jnk but for epl1, cost S$22 but it doesn't wrap around like ep2. think it's more "complete on the ep2"

the soft button is the tiny red button on the shutter button.. it is for decoration n it also helps reduce handshake when pressing the shutter... it was designed for rangefinder which soft button was screwed into it.. but now for digital camera, it uses 3M sticker to stick on the shutter button :bsmilie:

it sure looks cool eh~

more details HERE

I've been using soft button for a few months, it's really easier to press the shutter since I'm pressing a button that pops out rather than the default depress in. Seems to use lesser strength to depress, so in a way reduce hand shake.

Less strength used = less vibration = less movement due to hand shake.

This is just purely my experience, no scientific theory behind it. :bsmilie:

Im also using the gold soft button. I like it a lot. Aside from looking cool, really helps me reach the shutter button with the half case on and seems to help lessen handshake as mentioned above.

4848015677_1ebf8493ca.jpg

4848639604_c0552e8da4.jpg

Last edited:
Im also using the gold soft button. I like it a lot. Aside from looking cool, really helps me reach the shutter button with the half case on and seems to help lessen handshake as mentioned above.

one nice golden soft button u got there! :thumbsup:

the one i bought was a two in one package.. i still got one in black colour.. i chose the red one because i think it stands out more :lovegrin:

4848015677_1ebf8493ca.jpg

4848639604_c0552e8da4.jpg

leather case and strap, looks damn luxurious man