[ Compiled Info ] - Cool accessories for EP1/2, GF1 and other m4/3 cameras

pen_ep1_camagon2.jpg

i got my SGP Walnut skin! really glad with it cause it comes with the screen protector. Cheaper to buy from ebay though compared to the website.

Last edited:
pen_ep1_camagon2.jpg

i got my SGP Walnut skin! really glad with it cause it comes with the screen protector. Cheaper to buy from ebay though compared to the website.

congrats! is it difficult to put on the skin? i ordered a JNK leather skin.. item shipped but still have to wait like more than a week to arrive :sweatsm:

congrats! is it difficult to put on the skin? i ordered a JNK leather skin.. item shipped but still have to wait like more than a week to arrive :sweatsm:

Learned this some time back when changing foams of some old film cameras:

It's important to have a bit of water around, as it delays adhesion and allows one to move and perfectly align the skins/stickers. Wet the adhesive part lightly until you don't feel it sticky. Olympus online store has the instructions ...

Is this a Hakuba case? Thinking of getting this for my E-P1.;)

yup.. from hakuba.. sharp eye eh!

Learned this some time back when changing foams of some old film cameras:

It's important to have a bit of water around, as it delays adhesion and allows one to move and perfectly align the skins/stickers. Wet the adhesive part lightly until you don't feel it sticky. Olympus online store has the instructions ...

can u provide the link for online store? wet the adhesive part meaning spray some water on the sticky surface? :sweat:

too bad the skin dont have for EPL1. :(

They probably will have it later, if it is OEM from Aki-Asahi, who already has E-PL1 skin but only in black. Both instructions show the same water holder ... and same fingernails :) (trying to be Sherlock Holmes here after watching a lot of Jeremy Brett as Holmes, the best)

Anyway, ordered the Olympus E-PL1 case yesterday and some spare soft buttons, delivery is this evening, fast. Will perform surgery on the case to put the tripod hole so I can attach my hand/wrist stap which needs the tripod screw hole (and tripod if needed). The case will make the E-PL1 slightly bigger, but I welcome the slight size increase for better grip, at least with my hands.

Extension tripod screw can be bought from Chiif Camera for such a DIY project.

p.s. no need for surgery after all, already has tripod hole screw ...

Last edited:
They probably will have it later, if it is OEM from Aki-Asahi, who already has E-PL1 skin but only in black. Both instructions show the same water holder ...

Anyway, ordered the Olympus E-PL1 case yesterday and some spare soft buttons, delivery is this evening, fast. Will perform surgery on the case to put the tripod hole so I can attach my handgrip which needs the tripod screw (and tripod if needed). The case will make the E-PL1 slightly bigger, but I welcome the slight size increase for better grip, at least with my hands.

Extension tripod screw can be bought from Chiif Camera for such a DIY project.

how much you bought your EPL1? I think I will get the skin when it is available...

Last edited:

Guess I'm used to applying of skin (screen protector, full body shields etc.) so I'm quite used to it le, so quite easy for me but I wouldn't say it's perfect. I got mine In 10days? How I wish they had the back skin too,only covers in front though ;)

Just installed the Black Lizard Emboss Skin from Olympus on my E-P1. Quality and fitting is excellent and is made in Japan.

DSCF2915.jpg

DSCF2913.jpg

DSCF2916.jpg

Last edited:
Olympus Singapore online sells these soft buttons things. What do they do exactly?

Olympus Singapore online sells these soft buttons things. What do they do exactly?

aside from aesthetics, it sort of raises the shutter button, making it easier to access