Compact & Light Flash for the A900

Status
Not open for further replies.

simranjits

Deregistered
Apr 11, 2008
Since there is a similar thread for the 5dm2 , thought we should start one.

I've been looking for a compact and light flash that i can attach to the a900 for everyday general use, mainly to function as fill flash etc. I have my eye on the Metz 20 C2. Anyone has any opinion on this nifty flash?

Anyone has any other compact flashguns , please share!

For Sony mount, there are only a few options when it comes to flashguns (although very good options!). Metz seem to be the only option for Sony? Other than Suntax? The latter a bit hard to come by in Sg, though I heard can find more easily in Malaysia.

I've started to use a video-light mounted onto my A700 to use as a fill light. Indoors, good between a range of 1.0-2.5m.

For Sony mount, there are only a few options when it comes to flashguns (although very good options!). Metz seem to be the only option for Sony? Other than Suntax? The latter a bit hard to come by in Sg, though I heard can find more easily in Malaysia.

I've started to use a video-light mounted onto my A700 to use as a fill light. Indoors, good between a range of 1.0-2.5m.

From sigma too:

http://www.dyxum.com/flashes/index.asp

Anyone tried the sunpak pz40x? Does anyone know if any shop here carries this?

Found an interesting and cheap compromise for a light flash you can fit in the pocket even.
The minolta 2000i.

Anyone know if Metz 28AF-3M is compatible with Sony Alpha , it has adi , ttl and is supposed to work with minolta digital cams etc. I have been trying to find out if it will with ttl/adi on the sony alphas.

One of my friend use the Metz 20 C2 on his 1DS MKIII, as it is only a direct flash, the output cannot be controlled to too low power. It is always either over or give a very harsh and hard shadow. It does not do fill in flash that well. Not sure on A900 ?:dunno:

After hunting ard for the metz flashes , i gave up and settled on the hvl-f42am instead, a compromise and i got a ridiculously low price that i couldn't refuse. Its great btw for the a900. At least it will come in handy when i get the f58 as commmander or sony comes up with a better solution.

K13 marketing is closed until 18 jan just fyi in case anyone wants to buy metz stuff there.

After hunting ard for the metz flashes , i gave up and settled on the hvl-f42am instead, a compromise and i got a ridiculously low price that i couldn't refuse. Its great btw for the a900. At least it will come in handy when i get the f58 as commmander or sony comes up with a better solution.

K13 marketing is closed until 18 jan just fyi in case anyone wants to buy metz stuff there.

the f42am is indeed a great value for money lens.. a much better investment than those small fill flash..

i still keep the f42am eventhough i got the f58.. like what u mentioned, it can act as a secondary flash while the 58 commands.

Yes, f42am is indeed a better choice.
My canon friend also bought the 430EX in the end for his 1DS MKIII even he has a 580EX.

Status
Not open for further replies.