Comments on the Sig 50-500 EX APO HSM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite a few people on this forum have one. Just based purely on specs, your major problem is going to be the slow maximum aperture.

not forgetting abt the weight....it is not a lens that u can bring along for your holidays....probably need to do some weight lifting to train up your arms first

Originally posted by Romulus
Website quotes a review saying it's the SHARPEST lens tested at this zoom range. (practical photography I think)

Any sample pics?

Hmm...sharpest in this zoom range? I wonder how many lenses are there that fall into this zoom range...;)

Don't forget it's held together by the "Force". :devil:

someone is offering $1100... is that a good deal? I don't know the RRP of this lens.

I don't think i'll bring it around as a travelling lens! Am interested in learning nature photography lah... ;)

Originally posted by Wai
not forgetting abt the weight....it is not a lens that u can bring along for your holidays....probably need to do some weight lifting to train up your arms first
well... someone I know took it with him on a trip to Thailand... with his Gitzo tripod and ballhead... and not forgeting his Tokina 28-70/2.6-2.8 Pro II!

Wau...

If u dun mind tripoding at most time, this is the lens to get. u have no othre better choice(s) in its zoom range with this amount of money.

User opinion? Yes, I am happy.

Originally posted by AdamGoi

Hmm...sharpest in this zoom range? I wonder how many lenses are there that fall into this zoom range...;)

heehee, NONE! ;)

Originally posted by Wai

There are better choices......i show u next time :D

If you're refering to your Meade, I doubt it'll be that great for a lot of photographic subjects.

Originally posted by Romulus
Website quotes a review saying it's the SHARPEST lens tested at this zoom range. (practical photography I think)

Any sample pics?

Eh.... I'd take Practical Photography reviews with a pinch of salt.... (other reviews too)

Regards
CK

heavy???................yes
sharpness???.........yes
built???...................solid
price???...................cheap !!(what other lenses that have that kind of coverage with approx S$1600????)

Status
Not open for further replies.