COMEX access problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wai said:
yah..may be they should ban photographer and children < 16 yrs old. Or charge entrance fee which is refundable with purchase of $xx and above.

certainly will reduce the jam and crowds.

long long time ago when pc show still held in WTC, first half of the day is reserved for trade vistors, u wont see photographer, children, auntie or uncle

thats like more than 10 years ago lor... remember that time, not much ppl into IT even... imagine i was so fascinated by the videoblaster that i bought 1 & never encoded a single clip... hahaha... 500 bucks that time... (that time i am the puah keh kia...) :bsmilie:

i think the title for this thread should be changed to "EXPO access problems During Events"
:bsmilie:

i was there last friday.. 1st day of comex, and the teachers' day rally was held there too.. mad house... same like the everyone else who drove there.. i waited for about 1 hr to get inside the carpark.. luckily, din wait too long for a lot. during the 1 hr, u'll see all kinds of idiotic drivers who'll cut other ppl from nowhere, saw this jb car, stopped in the middle of the main junction before turning into expo.. then of coz, blaring of horns non-stop... *yawnz* its so typical.. when i got my lot, i was so relieved i waved 'thank you' to the uncle who left the lot.. had to relieve myself also..after the long wait.. toilet, also queue.. geeezz..

MOE say ppl attending the rally..are supposed to use public transport.. in the end, not many bothered.. really, not worth the trouble.. good thing my car park fess was $4.20 for parking there from about 3pm to 10pm.. i tot it'll be more ex... but well.. frustrating day, really.. its not the comex's fault, but any event held there wld face the same prob..

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
thats like more than 10 years ago lor... remember that time, not much ppl into IT even... imagine i was so fascinated by the videoblaster that i bought 1 & never encoded a single clip... hahaha... 500 bucks that time... (that time i am the puah keh kia...) :bsmilie:

those days sound blaster card cost $800+, full package is over $1k!!

Wai said:
those days sound blaster card cost $800+, full package is over $1k!!

bought a box, imagine last time u buy those stuff... comes in really nice big box, as in those BIG SPEAKER box, but inside only 1 sound card & 1 cd-rom. ya... those were the days... 1 2x cd-rom drive with 1 SB card cost so much...

Yeap, back then they printed the user manual thick thick to read easily. nowadays everything on cd so hard to read.

vince123123 said:
Yeap, back then they printed the user manual thick thick to read easily. nowadays everything on cd so hard to read.

the protection also better last time... unlike now, the packaging like last time OEM bulk purchase...

niki said:
i was there last friday.. 1st day of comex, and the teachers' day rally was held there too.. mad house... same like the everyone else who drove there.. i waited for about 1 hr to get inside the carpark.. luckily, din wait too long for a lot. during the 1 hr, u'll see all kinds of idiotic drivers who'll cut other ppl from nowhere, saw this jb car, stopped in the middle of the main junction before turning into expo.. then of coz, blaring of horns non-stop... *yawnz* its so typical.. when i got my lot, i was so relieved i waved 'thank you' to the uncle who left the lot.. had to relieve myself also..after the long wait.. toilet, also queue.. geeezz..

MOE say ppl attending the rally..are supposed to use public transport.. in the end, not many bothered.. really, not worth the trouble.. good thing my car park fess was $4.20 for parking there from about 3pm to 10pm.. i tot it'll be more ex... but well.. frustrating day, really.. its not the comex's fault, but any event held there wld face the same prob..

The first day is on Thursday. I took a cab from office and reached Expo at about 12.40pm. Already there is a long queue from the main road for the cars turning into the carpark.

Even if they charged $2/entry...... the crowd would be cut in half. Anything that is perceived as free in Singapore is mobbed.

I was at MOG one time chatting with the Aunties at the desk. I would be watch cars pull in then people get out..... when they found out it was $2 for entry, they just leave. They were not tourists. From the cars and clothes, it was clear that they had plenty of money.

Therefore, my suggestion is charge $2 per entry on Saturday/Sunday. Then, can play soccer in the parking lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.