57455-large-IMG_9577x-.jpg

f13, /1/90s, ISO400
57454-large-IMG_9488x.jpg

f16, 1/10s, ISO200
56428-large-IMG_9299.jpg

f16, 1/15s, ISO200
56429-large-IMG_9268.jpg

unique and lovely shots :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Interesting looking bug, #2, any idea what it is? Nice red hopper too, have not seen one in this colour before.

Good control over DOF and exposure as usual man, only #1 I feel slightly under.

Nice shots Edsel. #4 would be better with some highlight on the bug.

these are nice series!

What is that insect behind the caterpillar?

tchuanye said:
these are nice series!

What is that insect behind the caterpillar?

That looks like the skin of the Atlas Moth caterpillar that has just moulted. Edsel caught it at the right time when it had just shed its "clothes".

Nice shots, Ed. Heard you are having tougher times getting a "visa" to go out for shoots on weekends? :bsmilie:

Thanks for all your comments guys! :)

Sorry, Im not sure about the ID of the yellow bug.. im still searching.

Papilio said:
Nice shots, Ed. Heard you are having tougher times getting a "visa" to go out for shoots on weekends?
SK -> :kok:
My Social Visit Pass is only limitted to Sat morning every week. No secial pass for overnight visit :D

Papilio said:
That looks like the skin of the Atlas Moth caterpillar that has just moulted. Edsel caught it at the right time when it had just shed its "clothes".
Here's the "Dressed" version of the Atlas moth, about 30 mins before it undressed. Too bad I didnt witnessed the scene. ;p

57624-large-IMG_9413.jpg

Excellent shots as always. :thumbsup: The Atlas Moth cat with its just moulted skin is an interesting shot. ;)

A fantastic series, love to view them.
3rd shot is precious . Just wonder where did you shoot them ?

always deliver nice shots.

Thanks guys, appreciate your comments! :)

DaNi3L said:
What equipment did you use for all these shots?
I used Tamron 180mm for all the photos.

Federick said:
A fantastic series, love to view them.
3rd shot is precious . Just wonder where did you shoot them ?
The first 3 were taken at Pulau Ubin, last 2 were taken at Khatib Bongsu.

I've manage to find similar bug Here but it doesn't give me an idea what it is. Anybody can translate? :think:

Sgt. Pepper said:
I've manage to find similar bug Here but it doesn't give me an idea what it is. Anybody can translate? :think:

Think it's in russian. Anyway, it translates to a yellow bug.

I've got some questions, i always think that f2.8/ f3.2 will give you the best macro shot as it will have blur background. But got sgt. pepper case, he is using a f16, f13..etc..

Flyingpig said:
I've got some questions, i always think that f2.8/ f3.2 will give you the best macro shot as it will have blur background. But got sgt. pepper case, he is using a f16, f13..etc..

see HERE

I seemed to have missed this post. :bsmilie: The yellow bug is commonly called a weevil or snout beetle. It belongs to the Curculionidae family of beetles. They are herbivorous in nature and some of their cousins in this family are considered pests. The distinct feature of this family of beetles is their pointed and curved snout. However, in this pic, the snout was not shown clearly. If you happen to see them, go for the nose! ;)

The other interesting pic with the caterpillar and a predateous beetle larvae. I think the beetle larvae was trying to tackle the cat but found it too big to deal with. Cant id the larvae till it develops into an adult.

Good shots! :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.