ClubSNAP's unexpected week-long downtime

Guys,

Can somebody help me... relating to "search option"

i try to go in FAQ and i found out that search option is disable! how we can search if any discussion i need to find!

"vBulletin Message
Sorry! The administrator has disabled searching of the member list."

Either wait for them to make the repairs they need to...
or
Use Google!

To search Clubsnap with Google (for example my name) use the following:
site:clubsnap.com/forums mikefellh

Thanks guys :) still getting time out's occasionally, but yea THANKS :)

Hi,

wonder if the server(s) is(are) fully operational. get the message : "server is busy, try again later" when trying to access gallery or for some threads.
do u have the same experience?

arphaxad12

wonder if the server(s) is(are) fully operational. get the message : "server is busy, try again later" when trying to access gallery or for some threads. do u have the same experience?

You should read ALL the pages of the thread, :nono: especially the posts by "Edmund" who is a ClubSNAP Admin:

We are still running on backup hardware - now split between 2 servers to try and handle the load but still sorely lacking the horsepower needed to run things at full gamut. That's the reason why we've turned off some features (like search) to ease the loads and also why at times you may see a server too busy message (we've put a limit on the number of concurrent connections so just retry). It will be a couple more days before the new server arrives so until then, nothing much we can do other than monitor this setup. We are also hopeful that the old server returns from sickbay soon so that we can return things back to normality earlier. Suffice to say, both the new and older returning server will work to complement each other to further reduce downtimes caused by hardware failures.

In any case, we'll update everyone as things go along. Thanks for everyone's patience with us!! :sweat:

I think that pretty much explains it!

CS seems really fast this morning.
Could it be a dream or is the new hardware installed? No updates from Admin, so I'll just assume I'm dreaming. Maybe a lot of CSers are... (dreaming, that is), that's why access is pretty quick.

Its great to have the forum back =)

However I think the search function along with some others are missing?

Its great to have the forum back =)

However I think the search function along with some others are missing?
as has been repeated COUNTLESS times all across the forum, even in this thread

CS is running on the backup hardware now. To minimize load, some functions which take up a lot of resources have been temporarily disabled.

understand??

as has been repeated COUNTLESS times all across the forum, even in this thread

CS is running on the backup hardware now. To minimize load, some functions which take up a lot of resources have been temporarily disabled.

understand??

Relax, some ppl just don't bother to read, even 2 posts before that already stated the obvious.

Last edited:
Relax, so ppl just don't bother to read, even 2 posts before that already stated the obvious.

But can understand the frustration he feels...

:bsmilie:

First of all, great job. I know it is not easy.

Since now you have 2 servers, and on Microsoft, can run NLP (network load balancing) to share the load between 2 servers.

Dear Edmund & Admins,

First of all, I have to emphasize my appreciation for getting the system up and running after the unexpected downtime that made us realised Clubsnap has been an integral part of our lives.

Being a systems guy myself, I can fully understand the stress and urgency to get the systems up soonest as tens of thousands of users are waiting eagerly for the upcome.

And I believe you guys must have breath a sign of relieve when you were able to recover the backup AND restore the functionality on a new server. As all IT personnel know, backups do not always work when we most needed it. :)

Anyway, I hope you guys catch up with the lost time with your family once the system stablised. We all learn from experience and hopefully, this incident will help us put in place preventive plans to make things less stressful for the administrators in the future.

Cheers, Great Effort and I do hope things return to normal for you guys soon.... :thumbsup:

First of all, great job. I know it is not easy.

Since now you have 2 servers, and on Microsoft, can run NLP (network load balancing) to share the load between 2 servers.
i don't know whether CS is already running on the new server, but I notice that I haven't been getting the dreaded "server is busy" messages for >24 hrs now. That's a good sign for sure... :)

Luck has not been on ClubSNAP side.

One after another, ClubSNAP server was affected due to Motherboards or Power supplier failure.

We have purchase 2 ($180 each) replacement power supply, but the working replacement Motherboard from Asus yet to arrive. The first 2 Motherboard sent by Asus Taiwan, 1st was correct model but a difference version, therefore the RAID will not work correctly, 2nd Motherboard was Damage due to the courier miss-handling.

Asus said they will be sending another replacement Motherboard shortly. Hope we will get a working unit this time.

Our new Dell Server ($10k) has arrive and we will be setting it up shortly.

We hope all ClubSNAP members be patient with the current performance and hiccups of ClubSNAP servers.

Think the Admins deserve a round of drinks when this is all over ...

Really appreciate all the hard work and effort put in by the admin. Thanks!

Cheers for the Admin of CS and Csers.. Felt a part of me lost during this down period but I believe most of us have confidence and persist to log on daily during this period!