Club 1000D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shall we slowly start the ideas of places to go?

1.HSBC TreeTop Walk in MacRitchie Reservoir
2.Chek Jawa
3.Sungei Buloh
4.Kampong Buangkok (last kampong settlement in SG which'll be torn down anytime soon)
5.P.Ubin

2.Chek Jawa
3.Sungei Buloh
4.Kampong Buangkok (last kampong settlement in SG which'll be torn down anytime soon)
5.P.Ubin
6. Changi Point/Boardwalk

Perhaps we shud consider a fixed schedule, eg 2nd and last sunday of the month.
In between we can do Night Photography on weekday.

cakka

2.Chek Jawa
3.Sungei Buloh
5.P.Ubin
6. Changi Point/Boardwalk

Perhaps we shud consider a fixed schedule, eg 2nd and last sunday of the month.
In between we can do Night Photography on weekday.

cakka
yea.. maybe like make it a point for us to just hang out at least once or 2wice a month..

Hi guys,

Thanks to you guys, we all have a great Sunday morning and early afternoon with our favorite equipment, the 1000D. Its small, its basic but its powerful enough to deliver excellent results. My many thanks goes to those who attend:

Wiliam - "I not late, MRT is late... Yeah I believe you."
cakka - "the energetic 24-year old man who download notes from internet"
netjackalsg - "the diffuser for the built in flash works well!"
felix sleepyXXXX - "Eh you all! Haslan is waiting for us..."
Haslan Salam - "the nearly forgotten one on the hill"
Rocfreaks - "The abstract one + Sunny 16 + photomatix"
Emotic - "The 50mm one"
Fatah - "Eh this Sigma is solid but blur"
De3pSter - "Macro and wide angle converter on a lens"

And of course the wonderful Canon guys!

I'll be busy with my school work this week. The common test season has started. I will try to post my pics somewhere this week.

Cheerz

Mahathir

yea.. maybe like make it a point for us to just hang out at least once or 2wice a month..

For a start, my suggestion would be once a month. Since some of us (including me) need to have clearance from Ministry of Home Affairs 1st, thus need 3 weeks to get approval :), let's get our next outing on the 1st week of every month. So, next outing will be 8 March. If we go for night shooting, we go a night earlier or something or Friday nite as long as it's on the 1st week of every month.

Topic/location for every outing, we can get all members to suggest and Chief M to decide.

What you guys think?

For a start, my suggestion would be once a month. Since some of us (including me) need to have clearance from Ministry of Home Affairs 1st, thus need 3 weeks to get approval :), let's get our next outing on the 1st week of every month. So, next outing will be 8 March. If we go for night shooting, we go a night earlier or something or Friday nite as long as it's on the 1st week of every month.

Topic/location for every outing, we can get all members to suggest and Chief M to decide.

What you guys think?

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hi guys,

Thanks to you guys, we all have a great Sunday morning and early afternoon with our favorite equipment, the 1000D. Its small, its basic but its powerful enough to deliver excellent results. My many thanks goes to those who attend:

cakka - "the energetic 24-year old man who download notes from internet"

he he .. thanks Mahathir, me 24 yrs old .... I like that.

cakka

For a start, my suggestion would be once a month. Since some of us (including me) need to have clearance from Ministry of Home Affairs 1st, thus need 3 weeks to get approval :), What you guys think?

aiyah ... restriction with Ministry Home Affairs, told you guys must have 2nd Ministry, competition is good, you sure win win one.

cakka

aiyah ... restriction with Ministry Home Affairs, told you guys must have 2nd Ministry, competition is good, you sure win win one.

cakka

U better still.. No Ministry at all haha!

But those with Ministry, i understand got restrictions.. But we can always work around it though..

Anyway, guys.. I own the following books (in a box set):
1. The Digital Photography Book by Scott Kelby Vol. 1
2. The Digital Photography Book by Scott Kelby Vol. 2

The 2 books cover a wide range of topics, from the different shooting modes, shooting potraits, landscapes, studio photography, lighting and flash etc.. You guys can borrow it from me if you want to read up further on the various techniques.. First come, first served though..
The thing I like about books by Scott Kelby is that instead of beating about the bush telling you what tool to use and blah blah blah, he gets straight to the point and gives recommended settings for different scenarios.. With a touch of humour too.. ;p

And if you intend to improve your PP skills in Adobe Photoshop, i strongly recommend:
Scott Kelby's Adobe Photoshop CSx Book for Digital Photographers..
Try looking up for it at your nearest library.. Or go to the NLB website, search for it and reserve it.. ;)

I'll be compiling a list of my online resources as well, ahould be able to post it up in the next few days.. Do contribute your own recommendations for references and readings for the benefit of all in Club 1kD.. :thumbsup:

Hi guys,
netjackalsg - "the diffuser for the built in flash works well!"

Alamak .. I am not the one with the diffuser lah! It was Felix's.:D

By the way I think we need to make it clear that the gatherings are open to anyone who wants to join not just for the "Fabulous 10" who made it on Sunday. 3 people came for the first outing, 10 people on the 2nd outing. Hopefully we need a bus by the 5th outing .. hehehe.

I got pictures from the outing at my flickr photostream.

Reclaim your feet there! :D
3284188584_7bd721cb96.jpg

3283364925_8fa9d4a307.jpg

guys,

thanks for the wonderfool weekend... it was a fruitfool trip for me! have really learn much frm each n everyone of you... a "1000" Danks...

chief mahathir: eh, tot you are suppose to msg me the flickr password? hmm... wait till neck long loh... hahaha... have created mine oredi... :p

cakka: thanks for the sunny f16 rules... hahaha... you are a damn good student! who does his homework deligently...

netjackalsg: try to promote those stuffs that you have eyed... maybe cakka might consider buying?! kekeke... then everyone will be happy! he got loads of monies...

emotic: really keen to borrow those books frm you... but scare my saliva would drool onto it while falling asleep! :bsmilie:

haslan salam: don't drive d next time... else you will be "forgotten" again...

william: neighbor, call me up for a cuppa kopi anytime! might need your 50mm anytime too! :think:

njoy the pics which i have taken...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sleepytiti/sets/72157613879026033/

Last edited:
going 2 buy it tmr.

Very X leh, 110!!! hee...

any body getting tripod?

O, not sure leh! working tmr, will go buy if i'm somewhere near there. Sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.