Club 1000D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I do not believe to take photo a pro, u must always use the viewfinder . There are many scenarios that a Live View option will be so useful.

Hi, I do not believe to take photo a pro, u must always use the viewfinder . There are many scenarios that a Live View option will be so useful.

Hi Scorpio,

Yep, I totally agree with you. Some of my night shots are sharp because I manage to use manual focusing together with the 10X digital zoom during a live-view mode. Live-View mode + manual focusing in dark areas where its hard to autofocus is most welcomed for me.
I believe if live view is there for you to use, might as well use it.

Cheerz

mahathir

Who said anything about being a pro?
And using a viewfinder makes you a pro?

Live view in the 1000D is a joke really.

CLUB 1000D The Third outing - UPDATES Part VII !

VENUE: Fort Canning Park
Date (proposed): Sunday 15-Feb-2009
Time: 9am Cost: FREEEEE!

Gear: Your DSLR gear + all your lenses + Tripod not needed

Where to meet? Dhoby Ghaut MRT Station Control

bring plastic bag to waterproof you gear just in case it rains..

List of Participants: (please PM me your HP no for easier communication)

1. Mahathir (97102217) -1000D
2. Fatah (94823347) -1000D
3. Haslan (91826646) -1000D
4. Cakkarudie (91522447) -1000D
5. William Yang (81332485)-1000D
6. Rocfreaks (92254410) -1000D -- Our Macro expert
7. netjackalsg (91070197) -1000D
8. de3pster (96433664)-1000D
9. Emotic (91806494) -1000D

10. Eimbrunt (contact no pls) - 450D
11. Sleepytiti (TBC) -1000D

15.... The more the merrier!

Wah... 11 already... Keep em' coming guys... Sign up!

The following skills/techniques will be discussed/shared. (Newbies to seniors...all welcomed!)

a. Macro photography (hopefully we can get rocfreaks)
b. Portraiture (50 mm f/1.8 mkII) photography
c. Nature Photography.
d. Manual Mode (How to adjust shutter speed, aperture size and ISO to your liking!)
e. Scenic landscape Photography.
f. Effects of focal length (usage of wide angle lens and telephoto)
g. general chit-chat

I've changed my status from "TBC" to Confirmed.. ;p Looking fwd to seeing you guys!

CLUB 1000D The Third outing - UPDATES Part VII !

bring plastic bag to waterproof you gear just in case it rains..

List of Participants: (please PM me your HP no for easier communication)

10. Eimbrunt (contact no pls) - 450D
11. Sleepytiti (97422474) -1000D

CLUB 1000D The Third outing - Last UPDATES !

bring plastic bag to waterproof your gear just in case it rains..

List of FINAL Participants: (please PM me your HP no for easier communication)

10. Sleepytiti (97422474) -1000D
11. Eimbrunt (contact no pls) - 450D

Just sms me (mahathir-97102217) if you want to join last minute!

See you all there!!!

cheerzzz and signing out

mahathir

Guys

It was a very informative shoot out and chit chat we had just now, a pleasure to know fellow 1000Ds. Glad i participate as learned a few stuff from you guys. Sorry I was unable to contribute anything.

3 cheers for our big 'Kahuna' Mahathir for arranging this and a big thank you to the Canon staff who bothered to look us up and lending us the lenses and some tips on photography.

as promised , below are the links;

Sunny 16 Rule
http://www.photomigrations.com/articles/0403200.htm

For the Photomatix Trial
www.hdrsoft.com

Look fwd to seeing the photos.

cheers-cakka

Guys

It was a very informative shoot out and chit chat we had just now, a pleasure to know fellow 1000Ds. Glad i participate as learned a few stuff from you guys. Sorry I was unable to contribute anything.

3 cheers for our big 'Kahuna' Mahathir for arranging this and a big thank you to the Canon staff who bothered to look us up and lending us the lenses and some tips on photography.

as promised , below are the links;

Sunny 16 Rule
http://www.photomigrations.com/articles/0403200.htm

For the Photomatix Trial
www.hdrsoft.com

Look fwd to seeing the photos.

cheers-cakka

thanks for the link. hahaha. i didn't expect ppl would actually google sunny 16 rule out when i mentioned it here.. :)

do show us your pictures ok bro. as for mine, later at night i will upload to flickr. :)

thanks to all who came...

by the way, i've added my pictures...go visit :) my bestest.

Last edited:
Hi all fellow 1000D users...

Dis morning was really a great and positive response from all of us..The outing dis time..doesnt make me feel like i'm alone coz during the 1st outing, theres only 3 of us..so when deploy(hehehe) 3 of us will be so far apart when in position...hehehe. (like soldier ah..that y my sticker at my batt grip is call..Band of Bros..:p)
But dis morning shot, when i turn left or right ,,i sure to see the rest of our 1000D shooter in action at any corner. Hahahahaha

Great to know those ppl like cakka,sleepytiti,rockfreak,emotics,depster,netjackal & haslan( hope i hav mention every1 hehe..except william and mahathir) Thanks so much for ur participationnn,,hopefully if we have another outing..we'll meet up again. (Next outing Theme "Chasing the sunset" or "Neon Nights"). hahaha

And also A 1000 Thanks to the Canon guys..that are kind and concern..and really care to browse thru to our threads, and come down to see our action..and share valuable informations with us..we really really appreciate it alot.(really enjoy the 50D,,SUPERBBBBBBB). I will remember what matthew say.."ur 1000D body is good enough,,invest on ur lenss"..hehehe. A good motivation..but if just now he say ..the 1000D sux,,he confirm KENAAAAA..hehehe.

K anyway thanks again....hav fun with ur gear guys...continue shooting..aite
Hope we meet up again in the next outing..

By the way..Rocckfreak..u make me gila on the Prime lens again..u pics taken by ur 50mm f1.8..really superbbbbbbb. power la..End of mth must grab..haha.

Powerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Fatah

Last edited:
Dang nice pictures u all have from the outing. will try to join in the next if there is any haha. cheers!

I will remember what matthew say,ur 1000D body is good enough,,invest on ur lenss[/COLOR][/I]"..hehehe. A good motivation..but if just now he say ..the 1000D sux,,he confirm KENAAAAA..hehehe.

Matthew from Canon - hope you reading this. Next time loan us the lenses la. Than we can decide which one to buy. Appreciate the extra mile Canon and yourself gave us, Im impressed. Confirmed Canon 'BOLEH'.

Cakka

Hi all fellow 1000D users...

Dis morning was really a great and positive response from all of us..The outing dis time..doesnt make me feel like i'm alone coz during the 1st outing, theres only 3 of us..so when deploy(hehehe) 3 of us will be so far apart when in position...hehehe. (like soldier ah..that y my sticker at my batt grip is call..Band of Bros..:p)
But dis morning shot, when i turn left or right ,,i sure to see the rest of our 1000D shooter in action at any corner. Hahahahaha

Great to know those ppl like cakka,sleepytiti,rockfreak,emotics,depster,netjackal & haslan( hope i hav mention every1 hehe..except william and mahathir) Thanks so much for ur participationnn,,hopefully if we have another outing..we'll meet up again. (Next outing Theme "Chasing the sunset" or "Neon Nights"). hahaha

And also A 1000 Thanks to the Canon guys..that are kind and concern..and really care to browse thru to our threads, and come down to see our action..and share valuable informations with us..we really really appreciate it alot.(really enjoy the 50D,,SUPERBBBBBBB). I will remember what matthew say.."ur 1000D body is good enough,,invest on ur lenss"..hehehe. A good motivation..but if just now he say ..the 1000D sux,,he confirm KENAAAAA..hehehe.

K anyway thanks again....hav fun with ur gear guys...continue shooting..aite
Hope we meet up again in the next outing..

By the way..Rocckfreak..u make me gila on the Prime lens again..u pics taken by ur 50mm f1.8..really superbbbbbbb. power la..End of mth must grab..haha.

Powerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Fatah

bro ..Not 50 D la.. it is 5 D :)

I'm always craving to do 'eerie' shooting at ulu places like the punggol bunglow etc, u know, those broken staircase, dirty toilets...but could'nt try out coz never with a group

Another will be 'light painting', that could be another interesting topic to venture with the big group we have now.

sunset, nightshots, eerie, light painting...hmmm...so many topics for our march outing. Maybe can give more ideas to chief mahathir

I'm always craving to do 'eerie' shooting at ulu places like the punggol bunglow etc, u know, those broken staircase, dirty toilets...but could'nt try out coz never with a group

Another will be 'light painting', that could be another interesting topic to venture with the big group we have now.

sunset, nightshots, eerie, light painting...hmmm...so many topics for our march outing. Maybe can give more ideas to chief mahathir

Agreed on the dark, eerie stuff.. The more I shoot, the more i realise landscape/macro/nature not so much for me.. I'm more towards the 'capturing the moment'/potraits/alternative (dark/eerie/gothic themes) kinda stuff..

Will be posting my pics in the days to come..

Shall we slowly start the ideas of places to go?

1.HSBC TreeTop Walk in MacRitchie Reservoir
2.Chek Jawa
3.Sungei Buloh

I would like to really thank everyone who headed to Fort "Canon" Hill on Sunday. It was as pity I had to leave halfway through but I learnt a lot from the outing. The bad news is now I 'gian' the battery grips, flash diffuser etc. The worst is now that I have a taste of the 100mm macro the canon guys brought out, I really really guan that now as well. BBB!!

Looking forward to the next outing and will be posting pics soon. Trying to work DPP into workflow so taking a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.