cleaning gunk/glue off camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pai

Nov 24, 2004
Lala Land
www.flickr.com
hi guys, need some help here...

recently got hold of a secondhand camera. it's in pretty good condition, except previous owner stuck some cheap protective film on the lcd display. the film is now peeling off at the edges, and worse, the semi-dried glue has formed a layer of gunk around the film.

what's the best way of cleaning all this stuff off? will probably get rid of it and replace the film with a better lcd protector...

hi guys, need some help here...

recently got hold of a secondhand camera. it's in pretty good condition, except previous owner stuck some cheap protective film on the lcd display. the film is now peeling off at the edges, and worse, the semi-dried glue has formed a layer of gunk around the film.

what's the best way of cleaning all this stuff off? will probably get rid of it and replace the film with a better lcd protector...

use oil.....

try Rosonol (naptha) lighter fluid, use it on a small corner to see, should be very safe on plastic.[SIZE=-1]

no tinner oil, no nail polish removal.
[/SIZE]

You may want to try some solvent type. There are super-glue removers available from Hardware stores but not sure if that will do the trick.

Alternatively, I would try petroleum distallates like Zippo lighter fluids to see if I can get the gunk off... Do note that some of these may cause reactions with certain plastics. So use with caution.

Can also try lens cleaning solution as some of them contain either Methanol, IPA or Ethanol/Alcohol as their solvent(s).

Do try on a small area first.

bro, more details leh? what oil? er on the back of a camera body leh...

singer oil:)

use kerosene trust me works on my F80 like a charm. :)

just use masking tape to lift off the stuff and you need not worry about solvents/liquids damaging your lcd

get from pharmacies. ask for isopropyl rubbing alchohol. not tat expensive for a big bottle. :)

get from pharmacies. ask for isopropyl rubbing alchohol. not tat expensive for a big bottle. :)

But that isn't pure IPA. There're additives which will leave some sort of residue. :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.