Status
Not open for further replies.
after hearing the price i think i won't clean my lens
cannot see with normal eye in normal condition
but with a torch, everything come up haha

after hearing the price i think i won't clean my lens
cannot see with normal eye in normal condition
but with a torch, everything come up haha

Aiyoh.. You just go to a shop with a torch and ask to see the new lenses in unopened box, with a torch you will also see a lot of dust!! As long as no fungus it's ok. Now you'll need a large dry cabinet.. ;p

Curiosity killed the cat. Killed the perfection of the 600 f/4 Ai-S for htthach too.

I don't think he opened up the lens lah. just peered in from outside.

I don't think he opened up the lens lah. just peered in from outside.

With a torchlight. Enough light to see all the dust, to make him sian...:bsmilie:

My case even more sad lah. Lens got tiny scratch!

should i buy a big plastic box and put thirsty hippo inside?
coz the big dry cabin is so expensive

should i buy a big plastic box and put thirsty hippo inside?
coz the big dry cabin is so expensive

Nope... you can reduce the humidity slightly, but it will not allow you to reduce the humidity down to the safe level of 45 - 50%.

Also each time you open the box, more water vapour enters and floods the thirsty hippo.

Do invest in a GOOD dry cabinet.

Nope... you can reduce the humidity slightly, but it will not allow you to reduce the humidity down to the safe level of 45 - 50%.

Also each time you open the box, more water vapour enters and floods the thirsty hippo.

Do invest in a GOOD dry cabinet.

A dry cabinet to hold the lens will cost almost half as much as what he paid for the lens. ;p

A dry cabinet to hold the lens will cost almost half as much as what he paid for the lens. ;p

Actually.. unless he takes the lens in and out often, might as well just buy a big air tight box, throw in a few packs of silica gel. I prefer silica gel to "thirsty hippo" cos 1. can be "recharge", 2. There is colour indication of their state. 3. I had experience of the liquid accumulated spilling out, and trust me its nasty.

In any case, one of my 3 dry cabs at home has all the trays removed and specially for keeping the tele lens standing only.

Actually.. unless he takes the lens in and out often, might as well just buy a big air tight box, throw in a few packs of silica gel. I prefer silica gel to "thirsty hippo" cos 1. can be "recharge", 2. There is colour indication of their state. 3. I had experience of the liquid accumulated spilling out, and trust me its nasty.

In any case, one of my 3 dry cabs at home has all the trays removed and specially for keeping the tele lens standing only.

I'm using the TS-182B and my bottom door has the shelves removed for my Nexstar 5 telescope.
http://www.dry-cabi.co.jp/eng4.pdf

oh my
the 120L dry cabi is another $300?
so silica gel is good or no good?

oh my
the 120L dry cabi is another $300?
so silica gel is good or no good?

I think I paid >$700 for my 180L. Another way is to get a cheap <$100 dry cabinet and then cut out the back panel where the dehumidifier module is and build a custom size box specially for the lens. ;p

I think I paid >$700 for my 180L. Another way is to get a cheap <$100 dry cabinet and then cut out the back panel where the dehumidifier module is and build a custom size box specially for the lens. ;p

haha
innovative but risky :(:cry:
still dunno how to store it :-s

haha
innovative but risky :(:cry:
still dunno how to store it :-s

No lah.. won't be risky lah. Just need some work only.. Otherwise you'll be spending lots of money on a dry cabinet. There are people who customise their own dry cabinet by just buying the dehumidifying engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.