Cleaning dust-in-lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecclesiasm

May 3, 2003
Bedok
marvinlee.multiply.com
Dear all,

Is it possible to get Nikon SC to clean the lens dust (really a lot) of newly bought lens under warranty?

18-200 VR is the lens I'm refering to.

TIA!

Dear all,

Is it possible to get Nikon SC to clean the lens dust (really a lot) of newly bought lens under warranty?

TIA!

u have to call them to see if that is covered in the warranty.

but if the dust dont not affect the pics,y bother.

Dear all,

TIA!

imho i doubt it is covered if they charge u might as well send to the camera hospital around selegie that side...much cheaper

Asked at NSC before, lens cleaning not covered. They charge $180 (18-200 VR)

I asked them just more than a week ago and they quoted $120 for cleaning the 18-200.

I was at a camera shop a couple of months ago, itching to see the 18-200mms. They had the stocks but I was surprised I could see visible specks of dust inside the lens, and that happened to two of the lenses that were shown.

They are brand new sets, is the QC in Thailand and/or the constant demands had something to do with it? :think:

No point cleaning for such lenses as the dust will come back after a few months of use. When zooming in and out, the lens will suck in dust from the air. Unless after cleaning, you intend to store the lens in the dry-cabi permanently, or use it as a prime lens with no zooming action. ;)

Unless in extreme cases, dust normally do not affect your photos, and if they do, it is only slight loss of contrast when shooting directly at the sun or some very bright light source.

But of course, if you are selling the lens, the buyer will nit-pick at it to push your price down. :cry:

You want to risk misalignment??

No point cleaning for such lenses as the dust will come back after a few months of use. When zooming in and out, the lens will suck in dust from the air. Unless after cleaning, you intend to store the lens in the dry-cabi permanently, or use it as a prime lens with no zooming action. ;)

Unless in extreme cases, dust normally do not affect your photos, and if they do, it is only slight loss of contrast when shooting directly at the sun or some very bright light source.

But of course, if you are selling the lens, the buyer will nit-pick at it to push your price down. :cry:

primes are not spared either.

In any case, picture will not be affected so don't bother. Even mild scratches don't affect... except maybe flare.

what is the cost of cleaning the 600mm f4 AIS?

wah, i called nikon, they quote 230 minimum (if nothing wrong happen)
so ex :(

----
@isisaxon: ya, i just bought it
just brought back singapore on monday
very heavy :(
i'm waiting for the tripod bracket to be shipped to me.
Also looking for an adapter.

----

Wow. Looks like someone will be reviving the 'manual Ai-S lenses' thread soon. :bsmilie:

Good buy.

----

Good luck to you. The repeating history. :devil:

what history? sound scary
don scare me leh :-s

If it doesnt affect the picture, then no point spending money cleaning it =)

Status
Not open for further replies.