cleaning and repairing of pentax film camera

cubicon

Jul 8, 2006
Jurong Point
Hi guys, am thinking of getting a pentax film to play around with, Mx actually but the bns doesn't seems to have any atm.

Remember there was this small camera shop in china town that i walk past quite some time back and they have a few bodies and lenses for sale. Question is if they are not of working or mirror dirt, is there like any shop recommended for pentax stuff to get them fix ?

Sunshine plaza first floor got this shop with damn lots of slrs but I can't seem to remember they carrying any pentax stuff ...

thanks for any help

Last edited:
The camera hospital at sunshine plaza do have a few Pentax film camera. However the condition is unknown, u can always check with them. Best bet is to get 1 from a reputable eBay seller. Or u can contact 1 of us to borrow a mx to test a roll of film before u commit to buying 1.

MX is good and small. Great fun. Best thing is that it is manual.

thanks, will sound him out.

went around today and found a couple of MX .... one in piss poor condition going for $150 (even the mirror had fungus on it) and a couple of mint condition ones with a 50mm at $480 ....

damn , choices ....

There's one geat deal but it's in KL. Minty body, winder, a 50mm lens and lots of extras for RM700 (Should be less than $300). Here's the link. I think it's pretty worth the trip there!

[WTS] PENTAX MX with Winder MX and 50mm F1.7

I would be tempted too but I have too many cameras already.

I found some Pentax ME and Pentax MX in Peninsula Shopping Centre,

level one, and level 3 black market camera,

all under 100 sgd. MZ-7 at 90+ sgd as well. film camera above 100 sgd is just too much for these,

the mx u saw at level one is prob the piss poor condition one, thinking back maybe $70 is still on the high side.. black market have a ccouple of Kx ... now kinda thinking of getting the kx instead. condition seems good but just below 200