Chuando's interview in st

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised at how quick people are to dismiss chuando's work
he makes the women and the clothing look good, period.
his pictures have alot of attitude
wee khim and chuando's styles are totally different

and a hassy and a mamiya are two totally different creatures. one is 6x6 and one is 6x7.

let me be very general and say that if you are singaporean and photograph women (or men even) then you owe it to yourself to take a good look at chuando's work, even if you don't like it.
there is alot to learn from his photography

There seems to be alot of people here in CS who thinks that anyone who matters as a photographer in Singapore hangs out here.

mattlock said:

and a hassy and a mamiya are two totally different creatures. one is 6x6 and one is 6x7.

let me be very general and say that if you are singaporean and photograph women (or men even) then you owe it to yourself to take a good look at chuando's work, even if you don't like it.

Jing, it's okie. Different appreciation levels :)

should the two cameras' different format make for so much difference? educate me pls.

mattlock said:

a square and a rectangle format work so differently! some people love 6x6, some people can't even compose a shot with it. plus there's the issue of sizing for a rectangular magazine page.
plus a hassy is so much smaller than an rz

it's like making love to a petite asian versus making love to venus williams.
pros and cons and totally different experience.ha ha!

so it is to each his own, right? not one system more superior than another because more are using a particular system.

mattlock said:
a square and a rectangle format work so differently! some people love 6x6, some people can't even compose a shot with it. plus there's the issue of sizing for a rectangular magazine page.
plus a hassy is so much smaller than an rz

it's like making love to a petite asian versus making love to venus williams.
pros and cons and totally different experience.ha ha!

reachme2003 said:
let's talk about something related to photography.

chuando's interview in st on mon, 17 April. i quote from the interview. 'fashion is something not a lot of people can understand. you either do or you don't. sad to say, there are a lot of people who don't understand it but are in it.' your views pls.

note: his closest friends had advised him not to give this interview and 'to keep my mouth shut'.

Thats the fact > very rare i see photographers able to make the clothes breath through the architecture of the models body like a living thing complimenting it with their perfect pose. Chuando can be as detailed as Mert and Marcus works and they are able to achieve that because their passion doesn't lie on photography alone but fashion as well and that makes a big difference which seperates the true fashion photographers.

Status
Not open for further replies.