Christmas Super Deals on K5 - $12xx from Shops Now!

So is it recommended that i wait till pc show to buy?! ><
Hmm, dry box, memory card, filter. Need to get extra batt or flash? o.o

Certainly can buy memory card, and maybe even drybox during the coming PC Show. But you probably won't find good deals on cameras or filter at the Show...

Last edited:
Yeah i'm going to get drybox at the pc show! Bought the mem card, cleaning kit and extra batt at the store as well though.
Got outing? I dont mind if i'm free, but i'll be fumbling a lot LOL. Busy reading the manual now..

I just notice something, the 40mm lens together with the camera is not the silver limited version but the black one on the inside?

Last edited:
ErikuShin said:
Yeah i'm going to get drybox at the pc show! Bought the mem card, cleaning kit and extra batt at the store as well though.
Got outing? I dont mind if i'm free, but i'll be fumbling a lot LOL. Busy reading the manual now..

I just notice something, the 40mm lens together with the camera is not the silver limited version but the black one on the inside?

Congrats and welcome to the Pentax world! I believe you'll enjoy your experience :)

ErikuShin said:

The limited edition is black inside. How much did you pay?

Totally $1822. Camera+40mm is 1745.

Can anyone teach me what a polishing tip is for? I touch it got black soot-like stuff ._.

ErikuShin said:
Totally $1822. Camera+40mm is 1745.

Can anyone teach me what a polishing tip is for? I touch it got black soot-like stuff ._.

What do you mean? The silver paint comes off?

Last edited:
Are u referring to the lens pen where one side is a brush one side is a polishing tip?

Are u referring to the lens pen where one side is a brush one side is a polishing tip?

slightly OOT, but please be careful in using lens pen. it may scratch your lens coating if it's dirty. visited the old man, and he doesn't even bother to sell any of those lenspens. try to use lens tissue/microfiber cloth/goat skin cloth (chamois) and your breath only, but make sure first there's no dust on lens surface. if u need brush, can get those squirrel hair brush. don't put any unknown cleaning liquid, it may leaves some residue, which in long run it may result in fog/lens separation. it's best to put filter all the time, less cleaning = less risk damaging your lens. ;)

slightly OOT, but please be careful in using lens pen. it may scratch your lens coating if it's dirty. visited the old man, and he doesn't even bother to sell any of those lenspens. try to use lens tissue/microfiber cloth/goat skin cloth (chamois) and your breath only, but make sure first there's no dust on lens surface. if u need brush, can get those squirrel hair brush. don't put any unknown cleaning liquid, it may leaves some residue, which in long run it may result in fog/lens separation. it's best to put filter all the time, less cleaning = less risk damaging your lens. ;)

1 pack of pec-pads, 1 bottle of denatured alcohol, 1 blower - more than enough to keep the camera clean :)

It's a blower with a brush on one side, the other side is called a polishing tip with short hairs,
i touch it then got black black powder. Is that a lenspen?
My cleaning kit is those 3-in-1, the microfibre cloth and some alcohol bottle.
Nah not so power the silver paint come out.. :bsmilie:
My 40mm.. need a 27mm filter? Hahaha the shop no stock.

Btw, a 40mm can only shoot so far, since i mostly shoot nearer objects/people/food.
If i wanna shoot far, what lens should i get?
Is Tamron AF70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD Macro good or is there better value for $ ones? Tight budget here..

And shooting scenery recommended focal length?

It's a blower with a brush on one side, the other side is called a polishing tip with short hairs,
i touch it then got black black powder. Is that a lenspen?
My cleaning kit is those 3-in-1, the microfibre cloth and some alcohol bottle.
Nah not so power the silver paint come out.. :bsmilie:
My 40mm.. need a 27mm filter? Hahaha the shop no stock.

Btw, a 40mm can only shoot so far, since i mostly shoot nearer objects/people/food.
If i wanna shoot far, what lens should i get?
Is Tamron AF70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD Macro good or is there better value for $ ones? Tight budget here..

And shooting scenery recommended focal length?

Tele-lens , u can consider the most value for money Dal 55-300mm

It's good and price is very good

There is a few copy selling at bns. Gd luck

Hmm what is the difference between a zoom lens with fixed aperture and without?

Hi,

Fix aperture a.k.a fast lens (More expensive)
Zoom lens with fixed aperture eg. DA*16-50mm F2.8. Basically it can zoom from wide end @16mm to max tele end zoom@50mm. A fixed aperture of f2.8 states that it has the widest aperture throughout the zooming range @f2.8. It can also be called as fast lens. F2.8 = Wider aperture to let more light into the camera sensor with a blurred/OOF background (Bokeh) giving a sense of depth to the image. At F22 = Smaller aperture allowing less light into the camera sensor but with everything in focus.

Without fix aperture (Normal)
Zoom lens with variable f stops/ aperture eg; DA 18-55mm WR F3.5-5.6. Still a zoom lens from wide@18mm to tele photo end max @55mm. With the variable aperture, the widest aperture @18mm is F3.5 wherelse @55mm is F5.6. From 18mm (widest zoom), the aperture will be at the maximum wide open F3.5. As you zoom to 55mm, you will see the image is getting darker because it will be at F5.6, meaning, the aperture is reduced (less light into the sensor). Hope this helps.

And last but not least, welcome to the Pentax family...

Cheers,
Rashid