Christmas Super Deals on K5 - $12xx from Shops Now!

As far as I know OP (SLS) and Digital Style (B1-92/93 Jurong Point) all have K5 in stock.

contacted Daniel but he say no stock. further need to check if he is bringing in with the 18-135 kit lens.

Jurong Point is a bit far...

OP have right? Is it still the price suggested?

Good thing sometime need to spend a little effort one.... :devil:..... like people travel form all over the world to China to try the Peking Roast Duck... :lovegrin:

Hello,
I am new but have been reading this subject in this forum for a while. I am trying to sell off my Nikon D40x gear which I have used for 3 years and am thinking of moving to Pentax, particularly to the K5, for size and weather resistant features. And more cost effective. Just so happen, I have a friend on hol in HK and this morning he called and I casually asked him to check out the K5 prices. He reverted with prices I am afraid to commit. The black body alone is at HK$4500!! Thats about less than S$750. Well, the obvious questions is: safe to buy?

Hello,
I am new but have been reading this subject in this forum for a while. I am trying to sell off my Nikon D40x gear which I have used for 3 years and am thinking of moving to Pentax, particularly to the K5, for size and weather resistant features. And more cost effective. Just so happen, I have a friend on hol in HK and this morning he called and I casually asked him to check out the K5 prices. He reverted with prices I am afraid to commit. The black body alone is at HK$4500!! Thats about less than S$750. Well, the obvious questions is: safe to buy?

Sound fishy and too good to be true . Yr price state look to be more like the price of Kr instead of K-5

I did a check at price.com.hk K-5 is going at more then hkd

Maybe u want to double confirm ?

I did ask him on the phone when he was at the shop this morning, if it is K5 and not other model. Nonetheless, am getting friend to shop around more. Hope to have confirmation later. Will update.

Hello,

Sounds more like a K7 to me... :think:

Friend just got back to me. In a nutshell, no deal.
When he ask to see cam, was told no stock at their branch but willing to rush to other branch to get it. But has to pay a deposit. Exactly like the scams we read on the net.
Anyway, he did walk around to 2 other shops and found price to be near Spore ie HK7500-7800.
Back to looking at 2nd hand K5.
And thnx to those who reply....

Friend just got back to me. In a nutshell, no deal.
When he ask to see cam, was told no stock at their branch but willing to rush to other branch to get it. But has to pay a deposit. Exactly like the scams we read on the net.
Anyway, he did walk around to 2 other shops and found price to be near Spore ie HK7500-7800.
Back to looking at 2nd hand K5.
And thnx to those who reply....

normally pentax item at HK is a bit higher than SG... except water goods and 3rd party lens and flash...

Ok have been to SLRR today...

Pentax K-5 sold at $1284 :D

Bought it :D

Thanks all :D

Heard most Silver K-5 already booked even before they reach here. This is fast :cool:

Better call your favorite stores to reserve one if can :)

hi guys, i had finally reserved my K-5 with 18-135 kit lens, and will be collecting this weekend! i'm excited.

What are the things that i should look out for?

should i buy a spare battery or something?

how much does a screen protector cost at the shops?

hi guys, i had finally reserved my K-5 with 18-135 kit lens, and will be collecting this weekend! i'm excited.

Congrats Bro.... finally you got your set..... depend how often you shoot..... having a spare battery is always a good practice.... screen proctector.... ask the shop to give you FOC lar.....

$10-$15 for GSS (the hard 1)

if those film kind, ask for free ba. usually will throw in 1

Heard the shipment got delayed due to bad weather. Should be in store by early next week :) You'll have to check w/ the shops for prices w/ different bundles...

Different bundles? I thought it only comes with the new 40mm as a kit.