Chophard watch dial drop off after wearing a few times

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't like Chopard after this, try to exchange for another (better) brand like Panerai, Patek, etc.......

HS

I think brands like Pam is a passing fad. Patek makes better sense as an heirloom piece. But, be prepared to fork out $50k to $3m.

Last edited:
If you don't like Chopard after this, try to exchange for another (better) brand like Panerai, Patek, etc.......

HS

Was bought at the boutique, so can only exchange for watch of that same brand.

I think brands like Pam is a passing fad. Patek makes better sense, as an heirloom piece. But, be prepared to fork out $50k to $3m.

u think so? have u seen pam 203? i think their 8 days collection is quite nice. patek is a whole different league altogether...but both has their own hardcore fans.....

$11K can buy a Rolex Yachtmaster. Add another $4k and you will be able to get the coveted SS Daytona white or black dial. The cult discontinued series sea dweller can be had at around $8.7k. Most other Rolex sports series are priced below $8K. Brands like Rolex holds its value or even increase in value through the years. TS really kenna chopped hard. :sweat:

actually 1st owner always lose money...2nd hand can get better deal if you get a good set of course...rarely make money from watches. but 11k for patek???haha impossible...if we are talking abt the nice one.

Bought my HAPPY SPORT DIAMOND Chophard watch in July at TAKA CHOPHARD BOUTIQUE. After using for a month, one of the dial (alpha numaric) drop off. The watch cost me $11,200. Went back and ask for a refund as i've lost trust in the brand. They did offer for a change or repair. But I just felt so unhappy after a 10k watch can just drop a dial after a few times or wearing. The regional manager was so anger and scream at me in the shop, saying she have offered me a change. I told her that I'll go to CASE if she don't refund me. She say to me face:" PLease send me to CASE, as i've not attended one before."
The are still holding my warrenty card saying will send back to me as they dono where they've placed, till now, I've not receive anything from them.
I Bought the watch at the boutique thinking that I might have better service paying more there rather than hour glass or cortina.
Is this kind of service I deserve paying for such an expensive watch?
Can anyone advise what should i do.

Hi,

First of all, I sympathise with you. But defects do and can happen, even to watches which are much much more expensive.

Two issues here:

a) Dial defects can happen. A good friend of mine owns a 80,000 dollar watch - a screw on the dial of the watch started to rust after a few months of purchase. My friend went back to the boutique, watch goes back to Switzerland for 6 months for repairs as it is covered under warranty. That's how watches are fixed if there are issues. No one would offer you a refund. $11,000 is not a small sum of money under most circumstances and can be many months of apartment rent for many people in Singapore, but in the watch collecting world, 11,000 is just slightly ahead of an entry model watch, so do not expect to be treated in a VIP fashion in the shop. That's the reality. Not saying who is right or wrong here.

b) If the Manager had treated you rudely, you can write to the management to register your unhappiness with the service, provided you behaved in a civil manner yourself at the boutique. If both of you were shouting at each other, very hard to say who is right or wrong.

My 2 cents.

By the way, buying at boutique is not always better. You have nice young ladies serving you but in reality buying at a boutique/showroom is often more expensive than at the retailers.

Last edited:
I think brands like Pam is a passing fad. Patek makes better sense as an heirloom piece. But, be prepared to fork out $50k to $3m.

Pateks start from around 20k and not 50k.

Panerai is still going very strong.:bsmilie:

Two issues here:

b) If the Manager had treated you rudely, you can write to the management to register your unhappiness with the service, provided you behaved in a civil manner yourself at the boutique. If both of you were shouting at each other, very hard to say who is right or wrong.

My 2 cents.

I was just standing here seeing her raising her voice with her slang "powderful" english. She stop raising her voice only after customer enter the shop..

actually 1st owner always lose money...2nd hand can get better deal if you get a good set of course...rarely make money from watches. but 11k for patek???haha impossible...if we are talking abt the nice one.

I didn't say that you can get Patek at $11K leh. $11K can only get half of Patek's white gold watch bracelet. Low end one costs more than $25K used. That I know. :bsmilie:

I was just standing here seeing her raising her voice with her slang "powderful" english. She stop raising her voice only after customer enter the shop..
Was the customer trying to find out where the noise came from? :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie: I pity her husband! hehhehe

Then you should write in, because a service person should always try their best to pacify unhappy customers. If writing to the Singapore office does not work, write to the head office. They will respond because it concerns their brand image.

Last edited:
Hi,

First of all, I sympathise with you. This should not happen to a 11k watch.

Two issues here:

a) Dial defects can happen. A good friend of mine owns a 80,000 dollar watch - a screw on the dial of the watch started to rust after a few months of purchase. My friend went back to the boutique, watch goes back to Switzerland for 6 months for repairs as it is covered under warranty. That's how watches are fixed if there are issues. No one would offer you a refund. $11,000 is not a small sum of money under most circumstances and can be many months of apartment rent for many people in Singapore, but in the watch collecting world, 11,000 is an entry model watch, so do not expect to be treated in a VIP fashion in the shop. That's the reality. Not saying who is right or wrong here.

My 2 cents.

By the way, buying at boutique is not always better. You have nice young ladies to serve but in reality buying at a boutique/showroom is often more expensive than at the retailers.

I beg to differ. In this service industry, customer has every right to shout. Salesperson has the right to call the Police if customer turns violent or if sexually vulgarities are used non-stop. If the salesperson retaliates by raising his/her voice, he/she should be counselled or even disciplined by his/her employer. The employer should rightfully apologise to the customer. It is understandable for customer to be annoyed when a $11K watch starts breaking up under normal usage.

I beg to differ. In this service industry, customer has every right to shout. .[/QUOTE

Shops have the right to chase customers out of their shops, so do that at your own peril....

Last edited:
I didn't say that you can get Patek at $11K leh. $11K can only get half of Patek's white gold watch bracelet. Low end one costs more than $25K used. That I know. :bsmilie:

sorry type wrongly..din mean that way..haha..jia lat..we better dun turn here to a watch forum..haha

TS bought from Chophard and got Chopped Hard......:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.