Choices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yatlapball

May 13, 2006
Volcano Land
www.emotively.com
How often in life are we faced with having to make a choice? Maybe almost every second we are making a choice whether consciously or otherwise. Choices force us to think. To consider the consequences. But sometimes... we are just not able to see beyond where those choices would bring us... and of course, there are some choices that we wish we could make, but it is somehow just beyond our reach.

Author comments: From the same roll of Neopan SS that had my "Escape!" photo.. Shutter/Aperture forgotten (Note to self: I really ought to use a notebook to jot down the shot details)

Although I like this shot a fair bit, I really hate the way the main archway looks because of the perspective. But I couldn't get around it in order to include the steps leading down and branching out. Any suggestions on how to overcome this?

Critique on all other aspects of the photo is also welcome :)

temp73.jpg

very apt theme for the pic :thumbsup:

I find the perspective of the main archway ok though, like the general tone and mood of the overall tint of the pic.

Just a newbie's comment, I feel it would look better to have some light at the platform with the four staircases instead of the foreground.

What about a bottom-up perspective from one of the bottom staircases??

*sorry for being kpo* :sweat:

Tks Cullen. It's not as morbid as you think heh :bsmilie: This was taken within the compounds of the Kraton Ngayogyakarta Hadiningrat in Yogyakarta, Indonesia. To be specific... It is situated closer to Taman Sari.

Barracudas: Hmmm... Light at the platform? This would be my fault as I arrived on-site a little late in the day. It was about 3~4pm. An earlier time may have the sun overhead to illuiminate the platform directly...

No worries, not kpo at all :) I will keep some of those thoughts in mind the next time I decide to shoot there. I only brought out my film gear that day... so no exposures to waste. heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.