Choice of film for inauguration ceremony?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mich_2103

Jul 26, 2003
Visit site
Hey Folks,
I need some advice on the following matters.

I have an inauguration ceremony this coming Wednesday. Because we are starting our film shoot this coming Friday so we are having this praying ceremony for a smooth going production for the next 3 weeks.

I am planning to take pictures from this event.

I will not be bringing my digital camera because it is still under repairs so I have to bring my FM2.

And no, I do not intend to use flash because firstly, it is damn awkward, not convenient and mostly I am not used to using flash. :sweat:

What films would you recommend me to bring? :dunno: I am fine with both prints and slides.

The ceremony will start around 11am and it is an outdoor event.

I am also worried about the recent afternoon showers as well.

Please advise.

Regards,
-Michelle- :D

eug said:
Fujicolor Superia X-TRA 400 or 800

yes these are good enough

Michelle, I thought u dont have a digital camera :D

jeff49er said:
yes these are good enough

Michelle, I thought u dont have a digital camera :D
Mine is an itty-bitty-ultra-consumer digital camera (digital users, please don't flame me for saying this!).

I guess you can say I am a traditionalist because I tried printing photos taken using my digital camera. I don't really like the results and it is not really that economical if you do the math yourself.

Cheers,
-Michelle- :D

...maybe you can give yourself some luxury film and use Fujicolor Press 400. Press colours are somewhat richer and have pretty wide latitude.

I won't really recommend slides unless you don't intend to do prints at all. However, if you are sure of good sunlight, Velvia or Provia 100F are worth a try.

at 11am i think iso 100 would not be a problem. Can easily get shutter speeds of about 1/4000 at f2.8 if the day is not cloudy. Would recommend fuji reala but you should also bring along press 400 in case it turns cloudy.

Status
Not open for further replies.