[ chocolate on porcelain ] [ semi-nude ]

Status
Not open for further replies.

chisquared

Jul 14, 2008
Central Singapore
www.flickr.com
Hey all,
I saw someone's idea of using chocolate to create a design around the neck. I thought I could've drawn some kind of elaborate chocolate chocker/necklace, but it ended up being really grotesque... soooooo here's one picture first.

Shot in complete darkness using strobic effect and then I photoshopped the colors away... Pink, purple and blue don't fit the mood!!! :p

2742835123_1cd39c837b_o.jpg

Hey all,
I saw someone's idea of using chocolate to create a design around the neck. I thought I could've drawn some kind of elaborate chocolate chocker/necklace, but it ended up being really grotesque... soooooo here's one picture first.

Shot in complete darkness using strobic effect and then I photoshopped the colors away... Pink, purple and blue don't fit the mood!!! :p

2742835123_1cd39c837b_o.jpg

quite harsh around the neck will reserve judgment till i see the rest of the series to put things into context.

Looks like blood. How did you prepare the chocolate? You might find that heating regular milk chocolate into its liquid state via a water bath results in too low a viscousity level to achieve your desired necklace effect, so you can probably add a thickener or use chocolate with a higher cocoa content ie dark chocolate.

hmm..how about doing a pearl necklace? hee

its a pretty good idea
but might look better if the chocolate is thicker

Nice photo ChiChi! Hoping to see more shots from you.. Would have preferred if the chocolate was a lighter-brown though :bsmilie:

the right side of your body is totally blown. the chocolate seems too thin. try mixing in some thickening agent. the pose doesn't work for me personally. just my 2 cents worth.

quite harsh around the neck will reserve judgment till i see the rest of the series to put things into context.

Do you mean the shadows are quite harsh around the neck? Or the chocolate sauce looks quite harsh around her neck?

It's actually just one picture! I took a few other photos the same night with the same model, but it's part of a different set.

the right side of your body is totally blown.

I hear what you're saying about the right side of the body; however, I think I like the ambiguity "is it the wall? is it her shoulder?"

Regarding the THIN CHOCOLATE SAUCE PROBLEM I AGREE WITH YOU ALL!!!!!!! So my own tip/advice would be to stay away from Hershey's Shell chocolate sauce!! Humans aren't made of ice cream so the sauce never hardened or thickened... For future reference.... don't use this product lol...
topping-hershey-shell.jpg

The thing is... if you are going to photoshop away the colour... isn't it going to be a bit harder to tell what the stuff really is? Could have been paint or any other dark viscous liquid.

Do you mean the shadows are quite harsh around the neck? Or the chocolate sauce looks quite harsh around her neck?

It's actually just one picture! I took a few other photos the same night with the same model, but it's part of a different set.

I hear what you're saying about the right side of the body; however, I think I like the ambiguity "is it the wall? is it her shoulder?"

Regarding the THIN CHOCOLATE SAUCE PROBLEM I AGREE WITH YOU ALL!!!!!!! So my own tip/advice would be to stay away from Hershey's Shell chocolate sauce!! Humans aren't made of ice cream so the sauce never hardened or thickened... For future reference.... don't use this product lol...
topping-hershey-shell.jpg

i can't really agree abt the ambiguity part personally ... :)

thought of doing something similar as well but with more chocolate involved and someone suggested mixing plaster of paris with brown colored water to get the vicosity of thick chocolate sauce. either that or corn starch. u may want to give that a go.

Interesting chisquared, seem like you are coming up with lots of interesting concepts lately.

Just curious, are you an design/art student?

Interesting chisquared, seem like you are coming up with lots of interesting concepts lately.

Just curious, are you an design/art student?

Thanks! I'm an architecture student, but I've been involved in painting, webdesign, graphic design, fashion design. I just started exploring video/photography this summer.

So who will contribute the "pearls"?
Get fake ones from Chinatown? :rolleyes: :p

No wonder you have had such creativity. Anyway hope to see more of your interesting works! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.