Chinese Characters not visible on the image in PHotoshop 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

photograpix75

Nov 1, 2008
Yishun
Hi,
I am trying to add some chinese characters to an image in TIFF. Using Photoshop 7. I have added a layer on the image (white layer) and added english and chinese text to the layer. On the Tool Palatte, I see the Chinese text. On the image, I see only English text but not the Chinese text.

Can someone urgently help me to see the Chinese text please.

Vivek

check your control panel settings in "regional and languages option"

I've never manage to type any Chinese in Photoshop 7.0. I restored to typing it in MS Word, do a print screen and pasting over. If I paste any Chinese over it will become "???".

Hi all,
The regional language settings has Asian been enabled. I have installed Chinese font on to Windows fonts folder. I have coped it to Adobe fonts folder as well.

I still do not see the Chinese text on the layers.

Vivek

Hi,

I sometimes encounter problems typing chinese text directly into photoshop as well. I presume you are able to type chinese text in other programs like MS word. My workaround is as follows:

1. open a MS word document
2. enable chinese input
3. type the chinese text
4. copy the text
5. create new text layer in photoshop by typing anything (i.e. "aaa")
6. edit the text layer and paste in the chinese text
7. change to the font desired

This usually works for me. hope it works for you too!

okay you are not able to type chinese text into photoshop direct, are you able to type in ms word and copy it over?

you can do a search at adobe's photoshop user forum about this problem. iirc you have to register first.

Status
Not open for further replies.