China Trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

viclam

Dec 19, 2004
East, Singapore
jwc1.blogspot.com
Hi,

2 of my photos from my China Trip last December. Please feedback. :)

Thanks!

Xitang.jpg

Shanghai.jpg

great shot for the first pix, the 2nd is too dark. Outlines of the building would make the picture much better.

lycan said:
great shot for the first pix, the 2nd is too dark. Outlines of the building would make the picture much better.

Thanks for the comment. Not too sure how to make the outlines of the buildings though...

Here's another photo.

Xitang2.jpg

Like the 1st 1. and agreed that the 2nd and 3rd 1 a bit dark... but i have no idea how to improve it... :thumbsup:

viclam said:
That's odd... It looks bright enough from my notebook screen.

i mean the outline of the building. coz for the 2nd pic, abit dark in the middle while the "aurora" building is very bright.

I like Pic#1

More like a Water colour artwork.. can do some effect of water colour on the back ground, may be? just suggestion..;)

#1 will benefit from a lower angle, this will effectively 'raise' the branches and leaves higher, with less overlapping with the buildings in the background, thus clarifying the layers in the frame. i believe this is Xitang?

you are most correct. That place is Xitang. Was walking about in the morning when I saw this scene of 2 old man talking while they parked their boats there. Don't want to disrupt and no time to frame, so just shoot there and then.

Any chance to rectify now or not?

Ramius75 said:
Like the 1st 1. and agreed that the 2nd and 3rd 1 a bit dark... but i have no idea how to improve it... :thumbsup:

i think maybe the timing when the pic was taken.... could be better if these was taken during sunset :p

Noted. #2 & #3 were taken between 5.30pm and 6pm I think. but the lights only turned on during that time for #2. (Was on group tour so no control of time) :)

Btw, I'm surprized that most see #2 and #3 as too dark. I'm viewing thru my notebook LCD screen and both pics look ok to me particularly #3. The building lights in #2 were too bright already. Maybe something wrong with my eyes or my notebook...

viclam said:
Noted. #2 & #3 were taken between 5.30pm and 6pm I think. but the lights only turned on during that time for #2. (Was on group tour so no control of time) :)

Btw, I'm surprized that most see #2 and #3 as too dark. I'm viewing thru my notebook LCD screen and both pics look ok to me particularly #3. The building lights in #2 were too bright already. Maybe something wrong with my eyes or my notebook...

maybe is your LCD setting problem....

viclam said:

There is defintely nothing wrong with your eyes. I agree with you that the areas with lights are bright enough but I guess what the guys meant was that the areas without lights are pretty dark and the outlines the buildings are not properly accentuated as a result. Don't think there is much else that you can do to help with the scenario presented to you. Maybe a little ps will do the trick.
Xitang21.jpg

Hope you don't mind me playing around with your photo without informing you first. Let me know if you want me to take it down alright. Done purely for the sake of sharing. cheers;)

you are most welcome and may I add that Xitang looks like a very beautiful place.
You must have had a great time there... Hope to visit one day myself

#1 : the people seems disengaged from the photo. Kinda out of place feeling.

#2 : Technical details needed. Some of the buildings are not lighted, so what's the use of taking them at night when they'll appear...to be "invisible"?

great attempt though. keep shooting!

Status
Not open for further replies.