Chendol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Port Dickson...almost anywhere... just avoid the big sign commercial ones. I have eaten in quite a few and they are like kampung house...very informal near the beach and like simple rust table and chairs...but the food!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

In Sermeban...forget it. Seafood would be cheaper and fresher if you eat in Port Dickson. When I stay in Seremban at my Relative place...to eat seafood we drive like 50km to the beach near Sepang to eat...again it is like Port Dickson...you look for some house or something and it is not that well known to outsider...and next thing you know..you are putting on weight eating like a pig heheheheh...

If you are not sure and taking taxi...I would advice...come back to Singapore to eat. Our Seafood in East Coast may be pricey but..they are usually way better then most in Malaysia....unless they are local dishes indigenous to them and you know what to find them! Where my relatives bring me...it is like going on a treasure hunt..it is like going to all the off the beaten track non-tourist places.
Thanks for info Bro.

../azul123

Bingo! If you fancy chee cheong fun, there is one popular just behind this chendol stall, always long queue, you cant miss it.

安记 02-183, just went yesterday night, still the best for me.

Port Dickson...almost anywhere... just avoid the big sign commercial ones. I have eaten in quite a few and they are like kampung house...very informal near the beach and like simple rust table and chairs...but the food!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

In Sermeban...forget it. Seafood would be cheaper and fresher if you eat in Port Dickson. When I stay in Seremban at my Relative place...to eat seafood we drive like 50km to the beach near Sepang to eat...again it is like Port Dickson...you look for some house or something and it is not that well known to outsider...and next thing you know..you are putting on weight eating like a pig heheheheh...

If you are not sure and taking taxi...I would advice...come back to Singapore to eat. Our Seafood in East Coast may be pricey but..they are usually way better then most in Malaysia....unless they are local dishes indigenous to them and you know what to find them! Where my relatives bring me...it is like going on a treasure hunt..it is like going to all the off the beaten track non-tourist places.
Took taxi from Port Dickson to Seremban but taxi driver don't know where this Chendol place is, so he took me to his popular Chendol haunt and it was a rainy day yet they were almost out when I was there at 3pm.

There was a huge crowd, while I was eating this sweet dessert.. stall owner came over and boasted about his RTM recent interview and another TV station interviewing about his Chendol next week. To be honest, for my tastebud.. it was ok only lah.. nothing fantastic about the same standard as stall in Tekka market. Could only try their plain Chendol because they ran out both of their Red Beans Chendol and also their Jagung Chendol. Possibly their Red Bean or Jagung Chendol could have tasted much better but what to do they ran out of those already on rainy day at 3pm. :bheart:

3316905947_51e41f22a0_o.jpg

Seafood is so so only at Port Dickson cannot compare to Singapore's, nonetheless... it was a nice stay at Port Dickson Avillion. Avillion's accomodation was great, booked a Water Chalet (Chalet on concrete stilts with Sea underneath it) with an outdoor shower (meaning shower with privacy under the open sky) a first for me, love it. :lovegrin:

It rained most of the time when I was there last week, so not much photo taking opportunity except indoors and in Avillion Resort itself.

../azul123

I can't find any in Singapore that is of the traditional kind. The only time I get to savor that is back in Malaysia. Yum.

Yes only in Malaysia they make them the old way :thumbsup:

Many thanks to all those who've put up their favourite chendol haunts whether it is local or in Malaysia.:)

The chendol at the local foodcourt not power one.:sticktong

Keep them coming.

The Chendol at Bengawan Solo, Westmall is quite nice.. they also sell Ice Avocado which is my favourite :thumbsup:. Not sure if all Bengawan Solo branch has it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.