Check-in backpacks for flights - how to make sure they don't get damaged?

Hey guys, any digital thermometer to recommend? Those that can measure ambient temperature in a jiffy.. Thanks!

Hey guys, any digital thermometer to recommend? Those that can measure ambient temperature in a jiffy.. Thanks!

You should be able to find something like this at most outdoor shops.

41G2BXM8N9L.jpg

Haha!! Actually it works too eh! Ok that shall be my last resort if I couldn't find any suitable bag for the backpacks haha

Personally I don't think you really need another bag, as long as there are no loose dangling straps you should be ok.

Finally made a trip down to Beach Road and bought these

59405_229_front.jpg

High Sierra 65L
High Sierra Sport Company

S$150

and Deuter cargo bag
transportcover.jpg

S$35

Bought from the uncle with a few shops. Thanks Bro Roamfree :)

Btw he said now pricing for Tatonka has increased, and SG no more Jack Wolfskin already. Also, I think he knew I'm sincere buyer, so straightaway discount to lowest he could for me. How I know the price is lowest? I went to other shops to enquire too, and sad to say, most are not as willing to do business with me compared to the uncle.

Last edited:

59405_229_front.jpg

High Sierra 65L

S$150

and Deuter cargo bag
transportcover.jpg

S$35

Btw he said now pricing for Tatonka has increased, and SG no more Jack Wolfskin already. Also, I think he knew I'm sincere buyer, so straightaway discount to lowest he could for me. How I know the price is lowest? I went to other shops to enquire too, and sad to say, most are not as willing to do business with me compared to the uncle.

You found the shop! :) Glad you got it for a good price. That is the reason why I like buying from this shop. The uncle is willing to lower the price for you without giving you crap. He believes in returning customers, which is why I am still going back after so many years and all my friends buy backpacks and other gears from him through me. hope your gf will enjoy using the bag!

ps. it is "sis" by the way. :p

Just make sure you don't place anything important in the most aft facing compartment, discovered my flapping happily after it was slashed opened once. ;)

behyx said:

High Sierra 65L

S$150

and Deuter cargo bag

S$35

This makes me wonder whether camera bags are grossly overpriced.

Your 65L hiking bag only cost $150. I can imagine the huge 65L size and toughness of the bag for only $150

And our camera bags are nothing more than just padded bags and they cost the same or even more than $150. And the size is definitely not 65L.

By the way, just curious if any of you know.. Where can I buy thin wool socks? Or any other materials which can keep my feet as warm as wool?

Thanks!

behyx said:
By the way, just curious if any of you know.. Where can I buy thin wool socks? Or any other materials which can keep my feet as warm as wool?

Thanks!

Go to uniqlo