Cheapest Place To Buy Lenses?

Zeronta

Sep 10, 2010
Hi, I would like to know the cheapest way/place to buy original Nikon lenses??
Of course, it has to be selling genuines and not scam counterfeit lenses. "Grey" set is fine. Thanks.

Of course, it has to be selling genuines and not scam counterfeit lenses. "Grey" set is fine. Thanks.

buy 2nd hand from trusted peeps in the BUY/SELL section...

or go HK and buy...

I think almost every shop has a telephone and a email right?:think:

I think almost every shop has a telephone and a email right?:think:

Haha I never thought of that! Thanks, I shall call them up to check. Because I actually intend to go from shop to shop to check prices.

But still, any shops to recommend for low prices? I intend to buy brand new lenses.

http://www.ddelectronics.com.sg/

Check this site out, they sell grey sets. However, reviews about their services are mixed.

I personally only have 2 friends who bought from them, generally is ok... to be frank, the pricing is... very attractive... but sometimes, despite the site say instock, it's actually not :(

http://www.ddelectronics.com.sg/

Check this site out, they sell grey sets. However, reviews about their services are mixed.

I'll give them a try. Actually the lenses that I'm looking for are around $200-$300, so I think the risk is not too big?

As adviced I would be calling up other shops to check prices too.

Thanks.

I'll give them a try. Actually the lenses that I'm looking for are around $200-$300, so I think the risk is not too big?

As adviced I would be calling up other shops to check prices too.

Thanks.

Not much risks involved i would say, the complaints I've heard are all about the long waiting time, they all got their lenses in the end.

Okay surprise. DD Electronics isnt that cheap. For the same lens, Orient Photo quoted me a lower price than DD.

Okay surprise. DD Electronics isnt that cheap. For the same lens, Orient Photo quoted me a lower price than DD.

Wow, a grey set selling at a higher price? Lucky u checked, which lens are you looking at?

Wow, a grey set selling at a higher price? Lucky u checked, which lens are you looking at?

I'm looking for a few zoom lenses, generally all about the same price at DD or Orient. One or two lenses were cheaper at Orient, surprisingly. But just cheaper by like $10,
but considering its Local unit at orient and grey unit at DD, i save ALOT.

TK foto is most expensive, MS and CP are between TK and Orient's prices.

Thanks alot to cleonbus, before that I never had the habit of calling to check. Very new to photography.

hi zeronta,

did u happen to be sourcing for 55-200?
May I know what was your purchased price from Orient?

If inconvenient, pls message me.

thanks,
andy

hi zeronta,

did u happen to be sourcing for 55-200?
May I know what was your purchased price from Orient?

If inconvenient, pls message me.

thanks,
andy

sorry im not looking for a 55-200mm. I already have that lens. maybe you could call them up to check as well.

If you are really out to get a cheap deal for a lens I agree with enzeru21, hong kong is the place to go. Prices are around 25-30% cheaper than in Singapore.

I'm looking for a few zoom lenses, generally all about the same price at DD or Orient. One or two lenses were cheaper at Orient, surprisingly. But just cheaper by like $10,

Thanks alot to cleonbus, before that I never had the habit of calling to check. Very new to photography.

Talking about Orient. I just bought my speedlite there, the local set and the gray set only diff around $50 dollars,. The guy was saying that due to the rising japanese yen or smth, no point to get grey set for certain items, which may apply to the lens you getting also:what:

Did you buy any len after calling to the shops???

Did you buy any len after calling to the shops???

Why shld it matter whether the TS bought anything after calling the shops? He's checking the price only, no obligations to purchase anything

TS, if you call up the shops to check prices or bought any lens, let the mod knows if price is lower than updated, so that mod can update latest prices. Anyway, I guess you have learnt the trick of price enquiring and comparison, so maybe you can archive this thread.