Cheap Lens Price in Sim Lim it's is reality?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why people still like to shop at camera shops in SLS. Maybe they think that they can out-con the shopkeepers? :dunno:

Well I'll salute the thread starter for going the whole hog, and really convincing himself that the shops are out to con him, and YET, didn't get conned by them at all! He's one of the smarter shoppers that I've seen survive the con-shop gauntlet. So many others kena con then come here and complain.

Oh by the way, marboed, can you let us know which is that "Indian" shop you referred to? Put the name and unit number out here for the blacklist to be complete.

Well I'll salute the thread starter for going the whole hog, and really convincing himself that the shops are out to con him, and YET, didn't get conned by them at all! He's one of the smarter shoppers that I've seen survive the con-shop gauntlet. So many others kena con then come here and complain.

Frankly, i cannot be bothered to ask the rest of the shops in SLS. AP and OP are the only 2 i go to. The rest even you go in with a "I wana buy" attitude, they give you a scorn. My latest move is to MS, for some reason, their price are a tad lower and they have some nice people there who can even chat with me on the roundest moon for past 52 years. John is another nicer shops i go to also coz its near my office, really friendly attitude they have there.

I always prefer friendly sales person, rather spend $10 more than see someone giving me an attitude. Why should we as consumers take such crap when we are the one handing them the money?

hi guys, thanks for all your reply..
i came back to Sim Lim Square last Sunday to the shop that gave "good" price (IT. Digital - #01-33)

when i asked again the lens price (50mm f1.4) with the same person the price was $490 (it was $340 when the first time i came), and he laughed at me when i said, "you gave me $340 3 days ago and that's the reason i came back here"... i was pissed off and realized that this shop is a "big bull sh**" and the when other shopkeeper came to me and offer me the 50mm f1.4 with mamiya filter for $550, i straightly told him "yeah you can sell to your mother" and i just went out from that "very nonsense store".

went to another shop (India Shop) asking for 100mm f2.8 macro, he gave me $600 and i said, OK i will take one (because the price is good, the general price is about 670).. He let me tried the display lens, it worked good in 40D, check the lens physic, focus and surface it's all good with the international warranty inside it... then he asked me to wait for him to brought me the new lens because the displayed one cant be sold. while i was waiting, he offered me so many other lens and also filters for the lens, but i just said "i only wanted the lens". after waited for 10 minutes, he phoned so many times and then came to me said, the lens is out of stock, then i said "how come? can i have the displayed one", he just told me that he sold it, then i was doing some bullshit test, "how if i buy the display one for $700", he just straightly said to me, OK i will give you for $700.. hahaha (positively bull sh**) but i told him that i only got $600 dollar in my wallet... then i just go out from his shop.

tried Alan Photo, good service but very high price tag..

go to the orient photo and have the general price ($670 exclude GST) and then bought the 100mm f2.8 macro from them since had been frustrated getting so many "bull s***" from the 1st and 2nd stories shops.

NEXT TIME, I'M DONE SHOPPING EVEN ASKING PRICE TO THE "BULL SH**" STORE AT SIM LIM :D

This is refreshing. A first hand account where one does his research and avoided getting ripped off.

if its reasonably cheap, its a reality.

if you do not present yourself as a carrot head when you ask for prices, even at the reputed "black shops", cheap prices is a reality.

but most importantly, do your homework. nothing else will help.

U stll can buy from them if u know what u are buying.. dun hand them yr cash so quick... do a complete check make sure all the items like hood, pouch and 2 caps are inside... mad sure warranty card with stamps are inside...test the lens.. and pay and go..

If I am not wrong, for Canon beside "L" lens the hood is not bundled together right? :think:

Oh by the way, marboed, can you let us know which is that "Indian" shop you referred to? Put the name and unit number out here for the blacklist to be complete.

Hey Vince, Good idea. We have to list these shops and their tactics here so CS bros have a dictionary of all the tricks they use that we can refer to, before buying anything there.

The Indian trick is a fresh one, interesting stunt he pulled :think: I wonder how creative can these jebronies get?

Status
Not open for further replies.