Charger Devices CD-2X2 - A Power Pack that's easy on your back and bank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Technical Specification is 300 charge.

After 300 charge, the battery will still work, but it might not hold the full 100% power.

Let say after 300 charge, at the 400 charge, the battery drop by 20%, you will still get close to 1000 full power shots with your flash.

We have many photographer who have use and tested the Charger Devices CD-2X2, what they do is, they only charge it when the Battery indicators drop to 1 or 2 bar.

There are photographer users of our Charger Devices CD-2X2 who post us the question of, why after their 2 events coverage with flash and our Charger Devices CD-2X2, our battery indicator does not seems to drop. The reason is, there are still lots of battery power in the Charger Devices CD-2X2, therefore it will not drop till it reaches 70% power.

Cost of Battery replacement is around SGD$150.

whats the battery life span? how many recharge times before it dead?
how much it would cost to replace the battery?

according to the specs, its a lithium polymer battery... is it/how is it affected by the new American regulation concerning lithium based batteries on commercial passenger aircraft?... could Eastgear check this out?... think this would be very useful for customers...

I believe the question is the specification ie. how many grams of Lithium equivalent contents?

Under the "Special Case" type of battery between 8 to 25 grams are permitted "Be sure to take protective measures to prevent short circuits"

Perhaps EG can check on the amount of Lithium (in grams) in each of the battery. :)

I believe the question is the specification ie. how many grams of Lithium equivalent contents?

Under the "Special Case" type of battery between 8 to 25 grams are permitted "Be sure to take protective measures to prevent short circuits"

Perhaps EG can check on the amount of Lithium (in grams) in each of the battery. :)
precisely my concern, the lithium content in the CD-2X2 with regards to the new American flight regulations, whether as a lithium polymer battery it is subject to restrictions as well, and if so, how is it affected :)

Taken from http://www.batteryuniversity.com/partone-5.htm

How do I know the lithium content of a lithium-ion battery? From a theoretical perspective, there is no metallic lithium in a typical lithium-ion battery. There is, however, equivalent lithium content that must be considered. For a lithium-ion cell, this is calculated at 0.3 times the rated capacity (in ampere-hours).

So for the CD-2x2 rated at 4.4Ah, the Lithium content is <2gm.

Thanks for the reply. I was initially concerned because previously lithium polymer was lumped together with lithium metal batteries instead of lithium ion batteries by the US Department of Transport...

"lithium polymer batteries are the same as lithium metal or lithium alloy batteries for purposes of compliance with the requirements of Sec. 173.185;" from http://hazmat.dot.gov/regs/notices/nprm/2002_11989.htm (173.185 concerns lithium shipping)

apparently they changed their minds...

i think they have as mobile phones were the first to use polymer batteries and so are majority of the PDA batteries. also some laptop batteries like mac are polymer based too.

Thanks for the reply. I was initially concerned because previously lithium polymer was lumped together with lithium metal batteries instead of lithium ion batteries by the US Department of Transport...

"lithium polymer batteries are the same as lithium metal or lithium alloy batteries for purposes of compliance with the requirements of Sec. 173.185;" from http://hazmat.dot.gov/regs/notices/nprm/2002_11989.htm (173.185 concerns lithium shipping)

apparently they changed their minds...

since u have sell many of them, is there any photographer have ask for replacement of the batteries?
from your quote "around 150SGD" it seem u have not sell any replacement batteries because u cant give an actual cost of the replacement battery.

Actually we have not sold the CD-2X2 for a long period of time. We just started selling the retail version last week of Dec 2007 so no one has asked us for replacement cells yet. It should be at least a year from Dec 07 that we will start getting enquiries. We are not sure of the cell prices then. Battery prices are always on the increase.

So S$150 is quite an accurate figure.

since u have sell many of them, is there any photographer have ask for replacement of the batteries?
from your quote "around 150SGD" it seem u have not sell any replacement batteries because u cant give an actual cost of the replacement battery.

Yes this is similar to the Quantum Turbo 2x2 where you also need the batt to be in the flash.

i just got my cd 2x2 this week and have really test it out yesterday on my event job. i noticed my batteries in my 580ex dry up really fast even the cd 2x2 is using as well. i wonder even we have the CD 2x2 plugin to the flash and the flash will suck the AA batteries inside as well?
i thought it only light up the LCD when the CD 2x2 is using.
some how i feel really disapoint when we got a fancy bettery pack but we still need AA for it. seem like not really make sense.

some how i feel really disapoint when we got a fancy bettery pack but we still need AA for it. seem like not really make sense.

I believe it is not the battery pack but the flash that somehow make it as such that the batteries are needed to power the flash.

Let me explain, if the CD2x2 or the Quantum 2x2 is used with the metz 54i hotshoe flash there is not need for battery unlike the Nikon SB 800 and Canon flashes too. Similarily

So I suspect that the flash for Nikon and Canon are built in such a way that batteries are needed.

I stand corrected.

Hi sentlon,

May I ask how many shots you took before you had to change the AAs?

i just got my cd 2x2 this week and have really test it out yesterday on my event job. i noticed my batteries in my 580ex dry up really fast even the cd 2x2 is using as well. i wonder even we have the CD 2x2 plugin to the flash and the flash will suck the AA batteries inside as well?

Waa...me got wedding event, will feedback here and c how...:lovegrin:

chngpe01 is right, the reason why Nikon SB 800, Canon flashes, Olympus flash, Sony flash etc needed to use the internal 4 AA battery when using an external power supply is due to the design technical limitation.

There are no solution for external battery pack that can power the above flash without the 4 AA internal battery in the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.