Changing GF1 Japanese menu to English

adelyte

Mar 3, 2008
Just to share. (not sure if its being documented)

For those who wish to change their GF1 menu from Japanese language to English language menu.

Just download the firmware manipulation tools and edit the official GF1 firmware and the update the edited firmware.

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=206788

I've not tired it before, so do it at YOUR OWN RISK. (Though many had reported success)

:)

Just to share. (not sure if its being documented)

For those who wish to change their GF1 menu from Japanese language to English language menu.

Just download the firmware manipulation tools and edit the official GF1 firmware and the update the edited firmware.

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=206788

I've not tired it before, so do it at YOUR OWN RISK. (Though many had reported success)

:)

Headfonz should be quite happy to see this..

what to do...my wife says the E-PL1 is adorable....

just to update. experimented with the firmware. it works. :thumbsup:

thanks for sharing.

Now is there a way to do reverse? I want Japanese menu :D

Last edited:
tried out on my japanese pink gf1 too. works! ;)

Glad that it works. :)

Hi my new friends,

About chaning the Japanese menu to English, is above really works? I hv downloaded the tool and the latest firmware (GF1_V122.BIN) and is planning to update the firmware in my new GF1 which i just bought last week in Japan. It is a gift for my father so want to make sure it does work.

Thanks for the advice.

Hi my new friends,

About chaning the Japanese menu to English, is above really works? I hv downloaded the tool and the latest firmware (GF1_V122.BIN) and is planning to update the firmware in my new GF1 which i just bought last week in Japan. It is a gift for my father so want to make sure it does work.

Thanks for the advice.

Yup. I did the change on my jap GF1. just note that the double spacing in the .bin file name. without the extra space, the firmware will not load.

Thank you. I tried and the after save the file it did save as GF1__122.BIN. But i am unable to update the firmware still. After i pressed the green play button, it give me an error which my best guess is the "no valid display" error msg.

Can you advice if i did anything wrong?

Hi again. My bad :) I didn't checked the version number. Updated the firmware and it works like charm now.

Hi, any idea if this conversion works for GH1 please ? tks.

Hi, any idea if this conversion works for GH1 please ? tks.

yes, but note that some of the changes are serious hacks, so don't try anything you are not sure.