change of system

Status
Not open for further replies.

rko

Apr 23, 2004
hi guys. got a question thats bugging my mind for some time now. Very new to photography and would like to pick up a digi-cam with full manual controls and which is compact enough to bring around. The cam that has caught my eye is the Powershot A75/A80. However, i am also keeping track of the development of the Dynax 7 Digital due to its AS.

My question is-----will it be difficult to change manufacturer once u get used to the metering/focusing etc. characteristics of a particular manufacturer? Or is it that there would be not much of a difference since i read that different cams from the same manufacturer have different characteristics too?

Thanks in advance!!!! :lovegrin: :lovegrin:

i think for SLRs have a bigger problem... for PnS shouldn't be much problem... its all in the manual!! :p

Well, unless you bought a lot of proprietary accessories, changing system may mean needing to get rid of these as you can't use it on the newer cam , which may have cost more than the camera :sweat:

For example, Minolta Dimage 5/7 series/A series, then wanting to switch to a Canon/Nikon/Olympus DSLR.

thanks for the ans guys. :) :)

But i think u guys misunderstood what i meant. What i actually meant is the metering, focusing charateristic of a camera.

For example, i got a camera from manufacturer X now. And after some time fiddling with it, i know that for certain shots i need to compensate my white balance by a stop and which point to focus on. And since i have been fiddling the cam for some time, the buttons/menus has become second nature and i can very quickly adjust to what i want.

Now, if i am to change to a different manufacturer with different metering/focusing system and take the same shots, will i need to do the same adjustment as manufacturer X? If not, wont it be very difficult to unlearn and relearn all that was second nature to you? :( :(

different pple got different relearning ability. It's like using a nokia hp all ur life then switching to sony ericsson, at first it's strange but thru time of cos u will get used to it.

I don't think u need to worry much on this. It's after all just an electrical appliance. It's not like u've grown an extra leg and need to learn to walk with 3 legs for the rest of ur life.

Cheers, hope u settle on a good cam of ur choice soon! ;)

rko said:
My question is-----will it be difficult to change manufacturer once u get used to the metering/focusing etc. characteristics of a particular manufacturer? Or is it that there would be not much of a difference since i read that different cams from the same manufacturer have different characteristics too?

Thanks in advance!!!! :lovegrin: :lovegrin:

Nope. not difficult to change. only some functions you might need to go through the manual to know what it is or what else is your camera capable of! (eg dynax 7.)

Status
Not open for further replies.