CFWA.......pls comment...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

h2o

Nov 24, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
hi all,

took the following pic with a 20mm, single s & s ys120 on manual.....

pls comment........constructive criticisms are most welcome and i will be most grateful if u can say why u like or dislike the pic.......

do u think the pic is balance?? or too balance??

many thx..................

soft4.jpg

Phua,

This picture is well taken. But nothing special abt this pic. You have only the subject...whr is the background subject like the sunburst and the middle ground subject like diver or fishes...

Photosmart said:
Phua,

This picture is well taken. But nothing special abt this pic. You have only the subject...whr is the background subject like the sunburst and the middle ground subject like diver or fishes...

hi song,

thx for ur comment....reckon i know what u mean.........will work on getting a willing model next time..........

Yes, a willing model who need not be a human. Depending on location, the 'model' could be a fish/shark/creature unique to that location, so that the image becomes 'special'. Somehow, I think the sunburst can also be more apparent in the above image.

sunburst is not possible if not difficult as the sky is cloudy and vis is 5-8m.....

i was thinking whether is it possible to make the soft coral special with secondary subjects like the fishes that sought of inhabits it........tink henri cartier bresson's decisive moment will be useful.....but the issue would probably be which is the moment to be considered decisive.....

h2o said:
sunburst is not possible if not difficult as the sky is cloudy and vis is 5-8m.....

i was thinking whether is it possible to make the soft coral special with secondary subjects like the fishes that sought of inhabits it........tink henri cartier bresson's decisive moment will be useful.....but the issue would probably be which is the moment to be considered decisive.....

henri's his photos are truely inspirational. perhaps we should all be taking pictures that reflect the beauty of the underwater world rather than those that we can only use for IDing purposes... hahahaa.

this photo is really beautiful :thumbsup: i personally dun see the need for another subject. this is the subject :)

Hi h2o

It is definitely a great leap forward on the quality of your pictures...

good job.

the rest have parted with their comments which I shan't repeat.

None the less a great leap forward.

hi all,

thank you for your comments.....

it is very encouraging....................:)

henri cartier bresson is indeed an inspiration.....i reckon that 'moment' is the reason why most of us are shooting stills..................

Status
Not open for further replies.