CF Card - Accidental deletion & Image Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

megamonster

Dec 21, 2005
I have accidently deleted a few images from my Kingston CF card. While searching the forum, I came across PCInspector software which would be able to recover the lost data. However, I feel that I would need a CF Card Reader in order to do that ? Can't it be done without having an explicit card reader ?

If card reader is the only option which one should I buy ? Not willing to spend too much .. a nice, cheap and working reader would do.

Thanks.

no dun think you need a CD card reader.. as long as you can see a 'removable drive' when you connect your camera it shld be fine.. cos how it works is to read the data off the card. when you 'del' you only remove the reference to the file. the data is still physically on the card.

that being said.. but I dunno how long the process might take. maybe your camera battery might not last long enough if its a big CF card.. or there's alot of images..

correct me if i am wrong

slaam said:
no dun think you need a CD card reader.. as long as you can see a 'removable drive' when you connect your camera it shld be fine.. cos how it works is to read the data off the card. when you 'del' you only remove the reference to the file. the data is still physically on the card.

that being said.. but I dunno how long the process might take. maybe your camera battery might not last long enough if its a big CF card.. or there's alot of images..

correct me if i am wrong

Actually I have a canon camera and when I plug it in to the computer, the canon camera window opens up. In the windows explorer I can see the camera, and when I explore, I find a bunch of empty folder with names starting from CanonXXX. However, when I run the PCInspector software, it doesn't detect camera or the card. So that is why I was wondering that I would need to get a card reader first in order to make my CF card detectable as a removable storage device.

If it is possible to do it directly with the camera .. then plz let me know how to do it.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.