CD/DVD Printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

bLight

Mar 28, 2004
Singapore
www.flickr.com
Hi all,

Anyone know a good shop providing service to print image on CD/DVDs? Not those sticker type, print direct on the disks.

Thanks. :)

Sorry if this is OT. But why specifically looking for print on disk one?

IMHO sticker is better cos the 'sensitive part of the cd' is the data area not the easily scratched part. I have quite a few valuable cds lost becos the sliver part flaked off.. so if there's a sticker I think the data is better protected( might be wrong cos mold might still get to it)

and the technology is more likely to last in the sense that the sticker you can print at ur own home and stick on DVDs. instead of hunting for printable dvds and cds..

just my tots

slaam said:
Sorry if this is OT. But why specifically looking for print on disk one?

IMHO sticker is better cos the 'sensitive part of the cd' is the data area not the easily scratched part. I have quite a few valuable cds lost becos the sliver part flaked off.. so if there's a sticker I think the data is better protected( might be wrong cos mold might still get to it)

and the technology is more likely to last in the sense that the sticker you can print at ur own home and stick on DVDs. instead of hunting for printable dvds and cds..

just my tots

the advantage of direct printing is,
-better print surface,
-will not cause disc to be distort either due to
air trapped or mis align while sticking and
-imo, colour last longer. (got a faded sticker now, but all directs r ok still)
jude

bLight said:
Hi all,

Anyone know a good shop providing service to print image on CD/DVDs? Not those sticker type, print direct on the disks.

Thanks. :)

if u need to print small amt,
PM or call/sms me @ 91011233

jude

I was actually asking on behalf of a friend, will share this thread with him. Thanks! :)

Adhesion can be a real problem. Just made two of these CDs and after several minutes of playing inside a panasonic dvd player (which tends to get pretty hot) the whole label's lifted off from the surface eventhough I have massaged all the air bubbles away and rubbed really hard on the surface of the sticker. I have doubts the adhesive used in these stickers will last long enough in our lifetime

Status
Not open for further replies.