Car Adaptor for charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kho King

Jan 20, 2002
shashinki.com
I just bought a MW Compact Intelligent charger for my friend, and thought of buying one for myself too. However, I prefer the Multi Intelligent model, just that this model comes without the car adaptor. May I know where to get the adaptor? How much would it costs? Can I go to car accessory shop and use any adaptor that can fit in? Any concern of voltage/ampere? Thanks.

I believe you can use any 12Volts car adaptor. Make sure it is 12Volts and the current should be equal to or exceed the adaptor current (that comes with the charger)

Originally posted by Kho King
I just bought a MW Compact Intelligent charger for my friend, and thought of buying one for myself too. However, I prefer the Multi Intelligent model, just that this model comes without the car adaptor. May I know where to get the adaptor? How much would it costs? Can I go to car accessory shop and use any adaptor that can fit in? Any concern of voltage/ampere? Thanks.

I uses a DC-AC convertor so that I can use any of the 220VAC devices in the car, for example I dont need to buy a HP car charger, the one that comes with the HP will do. And the rating are much higher than 12VDC car adapter which at most can accomodate 1A only.

Originally posted by darr
I uses a DC-AC convertor so that I can use any of the 220VAC devices in the car, for example I dont need to buy a HP car charger, the one that comes with the HP will do. And the rating are much higher than 12VDC car adapter which at most can accomodate 1A only.

Hi Darr,
I am interested in this DC/AC convertor. May I know how much does it costs, and can it be bought easily? Thanks.

Originally posted by Kho King

Hi Darr,
I am interested in this DC/AC convertor. May I know how much does it costs, and can it be bought easily? Thanks.

Readily available at Sim Lim Tower, there are different models. I bought a 100W (the smallest available). Cant rem the exact price, about 50+. Look at the top floors.

Look carefully though, some are 24VDC to 220VAC convertor, though very rare.

:)

Originally posted by darr

Readily available at Sim Lim Tower, there are different models. I bought a 100W (the smallest available). Cant rem the exact price, about 50+. Look at the top floors.

Look carefully though, some are 24VDC to 220VAC convertor, though very rare.

:)

Wow...quite expensive...hmm...I think I will just get the car adaptor for the charger for S$5. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.