CanT REinstall XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

simon80

Deregistered
Oct 8, 2004
Second time i encouter this problem ..
While installing the XP, Halfway it will jumped to some blue screen and say.

There some error with my hardware or software .. And such a whole list of instructions

And then I cant do anything to it. Have to restart , reformat and reinstall and then i will end up in the blue screen again ,,

Any help ?

Rgds

i think you will need to readt "the whole list of instructions"
and find out what is wrong with your hardware

or use only the basic bare bones hardware to install the OS
and add the extra hardware in after you install the OS.

Good luck!

did u try plug out all unneccessay pci cards, usb connections, etc... and reinstall XP?

simon80 said:
Second time i encouter this problem ..
While installing the XP, Halfway it will jumped to some blue screen and say.

There some error with my hardware or software .. And such a whole list of instructions

And then I cant do anything to it. Have to restart , reformat and reinstall and then i will end up in the blue screen again ,,

Any help ?

Rgds

Why are you reinstalling? New PC? System crash and need to reformat & reinstall? Are you using the same XP program you have bought into another PC? What version of Window XP are you installing? XP Home, XP Home (SP1), XP Home (SP2) or XP professional or XP Pro (SP2)?

The earlier version has a lot of problems with it and can be a problem installing on newer PCs. What device and hardware are attached to your PC? You might need to remove all non-essentials stuff first and only attache them or plug themin later once you have installed XP on your PC.

If you are reinstalling the PC...beside formating, have you re-do FDISK? FDISK is to create the partition for your drive or to erase that partition to make a new one.) I do this to destroy all data and old partition on the HDD. I will then create a new partition if I were to redo my entire system again.

XP might not allow you to reinstall due to their anti-pirate protection when you try to install it over its former XP OS especially if it contain some component changes. Is this why you have problem? You are trying to install XP over itself?

I also don know wat wrong ..

My PC seems to be very slow .. all the recent docuement in the taskbar , icons on the desktop and wallpaper disappear out of sudden.

So is an old PC I am refomatting. I am suing XP Pro SP2 original. Is not the first time I am reformat and reinstall.

I usually don do Fdisk. I thought u can reformat and reinstall using the xp disc itself? which i had been doing this all this will.

The latest hardware is the creative X-fi which i installed the last time when i reinstall the windows.

I got 3 hard disk and 6 drives. All my progams and windows are in C:
So I think my photos and mp3 are not affected.

Rgds

Drudkh said:
did u try plug out all unneccessay pci cards, usb connections, etc... and reinstall XP?

usb connections will affect reinstalling ?

maybe u got too many drives? 9 drives in one computer is sure to be slow someday due to excessive heat!

maritimus831 said:
maybe u got too many drives? 9 drives in one computer is sure to be slow someday due to excessive heat!

I mean 3 hardisk .. partition 2 each ..
6 drives :bsmilie:

but then how to explain my lost of icons and wallpaper ?
viruus ?

simon80 said:

viruus ?
my friend, Microsoft, don't underestimate their products. :nono: :sweatsm:
give it a try, remove any extra pci cards, usb connections, reinstall XP and see how it goes.

the best way is to unplug all your plug-and-play devices........ then format the drive that need to install XP. If not, remove those extra drives and try.

The best thing to do when you are in doubt is to start from the very first beginning..... every IT technicians will use this method to do troubleshooting

simon80 said:

viruus ?

Aiyo, in these day and age...partitioning one drive into 2 is so old fashion!!!! heheheh.. You have 3 hdd...just keep it to that. You are over working your hdd. If your virtual memory and your all your main program are on one hdd...you are really causing it to be very busying accesing your files and at the same time window is writing your virtual memory at the same time...write here and write there. Sure to be slow lah!

There are many reason for it being slow too. From simple things like fragmentation to not enough ram to something as simple as POWER!. heh. What is the power rating of your PC? 250W? 350W? 450W? 550W? These days a simple thing like the power module is VERY IMPORTANT since majority of parts are draining and making demands on your power module alot more these days. Before so many of the parrellel port, R322 ports and even earlier USB will use externatl power to power those external devices. But with some later 1.1 and now 2.0 USB ports...they now have to double as power supplier too..and as more devices these days are going USB...we start to take for granted how much juice they actually draw.

If after you take out all the other devices and only have the minimum parts to still do a complete reinstall of XP successfully, it is almost a sure thing that you have a power problem.

How old is your system? XP Pro is pretty fussy about how old the components.

Lost of icon and wallpaper can be as simple as problem with portions of your XP to yes...virus.

Back up all your data by copying all to the other 2 spare hdd. Then detach them and just have only your CDROM and one HDD attached to your system. I suspect your power module might be already overwork and not fully powering up...lack of power can cause XP to act funny. Taking all the other unnecessary parts out will ease the power comsumption.

Then try to reinstalling XP again. If you can FDISK the partition away and then create a new one...and this time..just ONE PARTITION! heheh... Then format the HDD and then restall XP Pro. If you have been trying to reinstall by invoking setup or reinstall over an existing XP Pro...you can forget it...most likely it is damage or have infection that is casuing problem to your reinstallation. So what you should do it ..do a clean installation all over again.

If your system is slow...it usually means alot of problem with the OS and the softwares you have install in it and also there might be other spyware or what other rubbish left over from other old program you might have uninstall but still left stuff in your PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.