Can't get 128MB SD Card working with Kyocera FineCam S3x

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

blue_quartz

The topic title pretty much describes my problem.

To be more specific, the camera reported a card error when I inserted the SD Card (manufactured by SanDisk, by the way) and I couldn't do a format through the camera as well. So I thought of formatting it under Windows XP Home Edition using FAT as the file system but to no avail. I even attempted to manually create the DCIM folder and that didn't work either. One thing I realised was that after I've formatted it under Windows and the camera complained about card error again, Windows recognises the card as being unformatted again. Is there anything wrong with the card, or what?

Many thanks in advance.

Oh yeah, the bundled 16MB card works fine, haven't tried out other capacities though.

Bring it down to the shop that you bought your camera and the SD card (hopefully from the same shop) to show them your problem. It can be your card problem or your cam problem.

Originally posted by Goondu
Bring it down to the shop that you bought your camera and the SD card (hopefully from the same shop) to show them your problem. It can be your card problem or your cam problem.

You think Challenger will offer any suggestions? I brought both the camera and card from there.

Ok, heeding Goondu's suggestion to go back to Challenger to solve my problem was a good idea. After some checks (with the display set and also with the distributor), it was found that apparently this camera (in general) couldn't work well with SanDisk SD Cards. In the end, Challenger offered my a full refund for the SanDisk SD Card and I bought a new Toshiba one from Sim Lim Square.

What I've learnt from this experience:
1) Not to damage SanDisk's or Kyocera's reputation, but the next time you're looking for a SD Card for a Kyocera camera, avoid SanDisk. Alternatively, if you have a liking of SanDisk SD Cards (for whatever reason), avoid Kyocera cameras.

2) According to the distributor, Panasonic SD Cards have been tested to work with the Kyocera camera.

3) Toshiba ones as well.

4) Challenger customer support is simply excellent. A full refund for a purchase made a few weeks ago, and I didn't even bring the original packaging some more! What more do you expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.