SD Card Problem

mardellion

Feb 5, 2014
Singapore
Just want to share my experience and probably get some insights to it too regarding something that just happened to me...

As usual, I wanted to upload my photos from my SD card to my macbook via the SD card slot. Inserted, images came up, but I see repeated images of my previous shoot (from yesterday actually).

Weird.

I sorted according to date. Nothing from today's.

Panic.

Removed and inserted into my camera, pictures are all intact. Put it back to my laptop, nothing.

Formatted my CF card (I'm using a 5DIII so there's a CF and SD), and transferred a few images over from my SD card from today's shoot. Inserted into my MB, came up fine!

Had a mini heart-attack. I format my cards regularly, so am not sure whether my SD card is failing. It has been with me for 4 years or so already. Currently doing in-cam transferring.

Is the sd slot accidentally set to overflow instead of back up?

Your Macbook SD card reader.

Not the SD card problem.

If SD card problem, you cannot transfer anything from it in-camera.

I format my cards regularly

Why?

Do you format your PC's hard disk/s regularly, so as to "improve" their performance?

Is the sd slot accidentally set to overflow instead of back up?

Nope! :)

Your Macbook SD card reader.

Not the SD card problem.

If SD card problem, you cannot transfer anything from it in-camera.

Why?

Do you format your PC's hard disk/s regularly, so as to "improve" their performance?

I forgot to include, I tried it on a card reader too, and the problem persists.

The formatting part was read from an article saying it's better to as there's a chance of corrupting the images. Read that when I started photography so I followed... :(

Nope! :)

I forgot to include, I tried it on a card reader too, and the problem persists.

The formatting part was read from an article saying it's better to as there's a chance of corrupting the images. Read that when I started photography so I followed... :(

I had the same issue. I tried another sd card, then no problem.

The problematic card is abt 2 yrs old, maybe reaches the lifespan?

I had the same issue. I tried another sd card, then no problem.

The problematic card is abt 2 yrs old, maybe reaches the lifespan?

I suspect so too... Time to fork out money again! :(