Can't change Foder's name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sion

Hi,

How come I can't change a folder containing tiffs and the computer tells to quit the application uisng the file before I can change it.

I have already quit Photoshop leh. Still can't change the name. I have to restart the PC to be able to do this. There should be an easier way to do it?

Thanks.

Sion said:
Hi,

How come I can't change a folder containing tiffs and the computer tells to quit the application uisng the file before I can change it.

I have already quit Photoshop leh. Still can't change the name. I have to restart the PC to be able to do this. There should be an easier way to do it?

Thanks.

cos other programs are using it...

for eg... u kena hacked, or u use P2P software and u link that folder in.

i kenna before.. and i dun use P2P..

I can create new folder (as a temp) rename, move files in/out and delete... but windows will tell me it's in use and cannot delete.

Happens to folders and files. Same as above, have to reset to delete.

I posted before but no one reply

yanyewkay said:
i kenna before.. and i dun use P2P..

I can create new folder (as a temp) rename, move files in/out and delete... but windows will tell me it's in use and cannot delete.

Happens to folders and files. Same as above, have to reset to delete.

I posted before but no one reply

that depends leh, if a software which you used to open a file inside is not properly shut down. for eg, u use a picture viewer, then the picture viewer when you off, it doesn't actually close all the files, you will have this problem.

maybe you use photoshop to open other pics in another folder, then you can change liao.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
that depends leh, if a software which you used to open a file inside is not properly shut down. for eg, u use a picture viewer, then the picture viewer when you off, it doesn't actually close all the files, you will have this problem.
i can have no prog running and windoze still report as being 'in use' stupid dozer..

yanyewkay said:
i can have no prog running and windoze still report as being 'in use' stupid dozer..

it may show no programs running when u click Ctrl-Alt-Del, but the program is resident in the memory. and only when you reset, the memory get purged so the file gets freed.

i have a file that i can't delete,even reboot com or safe mode also cannot delete.
It say the file is in use by other program,i really cannot find which program is using.

Boot to command prompt safe mode.
Then delete the directory.

Ensure you don't have a command prompt open that's pointing to that directory.

Alternatively, end-task explorer.exe in task manager, try again. If not, I'd normally go command prompt and issue the commands.

Status
Not open for further replies.