Canon vs Nikon (in term of price and photo style)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, why I chose Canon is not for any other thing, but for the service support. How many brands can loan you lenses while yours is in service, how many service center can service your equipment in 2hrs when you tell them that you are in a hurry? On top of that there are equipment that has warranty expired and still get free service.:thumbsup:

When I buy a brand, that brand has to support me as a user regardless if I am a pro or not. (I am not a pro to begin with and they already provide such service.)

Not mentioning free parking and free tea and coffee while waiting for your turn to be service.

Free parking?? Damn...i didnt know that! How do I get it?

but what i dun like about Pentax entry DSLR (K2000 & K200D) is they are using AA batts! Had a very bad experience with AA's batt camera (my Canon PowerShot):eek::eek:

That was true...a couple of years back when Nikon's lens line were mostly using the old screwdriver-AF focus.

Currently, they are about the same with both brands being about the same speed although Nikon's top-of-the-line D3 AF is much more intelligent and accurate in low-light compared to Canon's 1D mk3

u sure? :think:

Free parking?? Damn...i didnt know that! How do I get it?

Canon CSC has a parking lot right at the end of the drive way (fenced up) managed by a uncle that allows canon customer to park there while they service their equipments. You will get a form from him to be endorse by the CSC.

That was true...a couple of years back when Nikon's lens line were mostly using the old screwdriver-AF focus.

Currently, they are about the same with both brands being about the same speed although Nikon's top-of-the-line D3 AF is much more intelligent and accurate in low-light compared to Canon's 1D mk3

I seriously doubt this claim. In fact 1D3 AF was tuned so much for lowlight AF that it has problem with bright day light AF initially before the fix. With the fixed on the AF, and with my experience with the AF speed, even if D3/D3x AF were to be any more superior, I doubt end user will ever feel it physically. I shoot many indoor concerts therefore I know how 1D3 low light performance is like. However, the older 1D2 does has serious AF problems in low light as claimed by Chuck Westfall

Last edited:
but what i dun like about Pentax entry DSLR (K2000 & K200D) is they are using AA batts! Had a very bad experience with AA's batt camera (my Canon PowerShot):eek::eek:

You can look at the previous mid-range model K20D. It should be very cheap by now. I'm not sure if there's new stock in SG thou.

I seriously doubt this claim. In fact 1D3 AF was tuned so much for lowlight AF that it has problem with bright day light AF initially before the fix. With the fixed on the AF, and with my experience with the AF speed, even if D3/D3x AF were to be any more superior, I doubt end user will ever feel it physically. I shoot many indoor concerts therefore I know how 1D3 low light performance is like. However, the older 1D2 does has serious AF problems in low light as claimed by Chuck Westfall

This i have to disagree with... I've seen studio photogs using the 1Ds MkIII who had to illuminate the model with a spotlight so the camera could lock focus. No other brand there had an issue.

Canon is not known for it's low-light AF accuracy.

what was the bad experience?

you used alkalines?

or you didn't use hybrid NiMHs?

This i have to disagree with... I've seen studio photogs using the 1Ds MkIII who had to illuminate the model with a spotlight so the camera could lock focus. No other brand there had an issue.

This I have seen before and I know what you mean. :bsmilie:

ever thought it could be a user problem? :bsmilie:

I think this is just a bait thread and he just wants a brand war.

My opinion? Nikon? Canon? It's almost never the camera and always the photographer and your skills.

I've seen this issue with a MK II before too.

ic. i have used the 1ds mk2 for a couple of months. didn't have much of an issue of being unable to focus. of cos i may not have shot in conditions where the mk2 failed to acquire focus. :bsmilie:

ic. i have used the 1ds mk2 for a couple of months. didn't have much of an issue of being unable to focus. of cos i may not have shot in conditions where the mk2 failed to acquire focus. :bsmilie:

Let's hope you won't have the problem then. ;) Keep a torch with you just in case. :bsmilie:

C and N only. Have you ever seen a Sony DSLR ad on TV?

Have to admit, S spends most of their TV ad money on their stylish compacts. But I see a lot of S magazine ads.

My opinion? Nikon? Canon? It's almost never the camera and always the photographer and your skills.

Rightfully said! :thumbsup:

Rightfully said! :thumbsup:

Not necessarilly, when I started out I was also faced with this issue of choosing between these two camps.

And having handled more N's than C's made me choose faster. And of course, the homeworrk on the differences of the gears, accessories involved also made the difference.

For lower-ends, Nikon bodies feels more rigid but Canon user interface is more friendly.

Fin.

Go try it yourself then. What you have seen is diff. from what you have used.;) First I think the user also need to understand how the camera AF works.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.