Canon SX1 vs Sony HX1

Status
Not open for further replies.
and the best one is my opinion, Continuous Mode.

HX1: 10fps

SX1: 4fps till the memory card is full

basically the HX1 cannot maintain the 10fps while the SX1 at 4fps basically can go on and on and on till the memory card is full.

Flash accessories?

HX1: Onboard

SX1: Canon EX Speedlites (270EX, 430EXII, 580EXII) and Onboard

best is to go to the shops and try try. :)

Last edited:
ok getting the SX1, can anyone recommend a shop that can give the best deal? thanks. :)

ok getting the SX1, can anyone recommend a shop that can give the best deal? thanks. :)
no one can.

next is to call up for quotation the shops in the recommended list and ask for best cash price. Take note some shops like to quote without GST so be sure you know the average street pricing in case you get fleeced.

cheapest i have seen it go on Amazon was US$514.

The Canon SX10 IS have a tiny 2.5" LCD.

Well, it could be tiny, but it won't affect the image quality.
The viewfinder helps to compose.

It's easier to see what you are shooting/playback on a bigger screen.

It's easier to see what you are shooting/playback on a bigger screen.

Might be true, yet again, it won't affect the quality of the photo taken. In fact, several DSLR with 2.5" LCD still performs well.

No matter how big a LCD, if the picture quality isn't good enough (due to the camera itself), nothing can help.

If fancy about big LCD, should just get normal P n S, not prosumer.

You may Ask around like TK foto, MS color, or AP.

yeah, finally grab hold of my Canon SX1is today :)

After going round several shop at SLS, finally settle with MS Color at AMK, nice friendly service and fantastic pricing :p

hoppie,

Enjoy your new camera.

Kindly upload a picture or two for our viewing pleasure.

yeah, finally grab hold of my Canon SX1is today :)

After going round several shop at SLS, finally settle with MS Color at AMK, nice friendly service and fantastic pricing :p

Good for your purchase. Mind to share with CSer how much you paid for it?

I got an E-quote and bring the email down to the shop $790 Cash. So far best price around, shops at SLS can forget it, some just tell me "huh, $790 can buy liao, bye bye"

Last edited:
Here you go, some photos i took with my Canon SX1is, some are quite losy i very noob please dun laugh at me :D

IMG_0291.jpg

IMG_0374.jpg

IMG_0375.jpg

IMG_0377.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_0381.jpg

IMG_0391.jpg

IMG_0406.jpg

IMG_0423.jpg

hoppie, thank you for sharing your pictures with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.