Canon S5IS vs Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H50

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaybaokong

Jan 10, 2007
hi,

thinking of buying a semi-pro camera before upgrading myself to DSLR.

Shortlisted the above two :confused: and therefore would like to seek some advice here.. currently am holding on a PnS camera - Canon Ixus 850IS..

thanks in advance for all the advices.

JK :)

Galdor

Jul 5, 2006
Planet Gaia
s105.photobucket.com
hi,

thinking of buying a semi-pro camera before upgrading myself to DSLR.

Shortlisted the above two :confused: and therefore would like to seek some advice here.. currently am holding on a PnS camera - Canon Ixus 850IS..

thanks in advance for all the advices.

JK :)
Both have their own strength & weaknesses. Do see if each cam matches what you need and which feature you can forego or compromise.

Rashkae

Nov 28, 2005
H50 is not out yet. The S5IS is more of competition for the H7 and H9.

Jan 8, 2006
i had the S3 before i got a DSLR. good training i suppose. much will also depend on whether you have decided on the canon or sony DSLR system.

a bit beside the point - why not try the canon G9. it has raw capabilities and is slimmer though it does not have the zoom. it would be a good back up camera for your DSLR if you eventually get it. :) the S5 is rather bulky as a backup or in situations where you want to travel light.

Jaybaokong

Jan 10, 2007
Hi all,

Thanks for the advice.

This is the first time that i'm considering a sony as all along i'm a canon user.. as for S5IS, i have tried it out and finds that its not bad.. the difference between both is the megapixels and also the format of the memory card.. cos getting a SD card is still pretty easy and cheaper than a memory stick..

alright, will take a look at the IT show.

One question: is it feasible to get it at IT shows or should i just head to John 3:16 for it?

Thanks

Rashkae

Nov 28, 2005
One question: is it feasible to get it at IT shows or should i just head to John 3:16 for it?

Thanks
For sony, best to get from MS Color. John 3:16 doesn't carry Sony, they seem to dislike it with a passion.

Jaybaokong

Jan 10, 2007
For sony, best to get from MS Color. John 3:16 doesn't carry Sony, they seem to dislike it with a passion.
okie.. still looking around.. yet to decide on canon or sony.

thanks..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom